HELP

Looking at trading away my savage model 10 300 wsm.......does the person getting it need a ccw?? hes a nh resident with valid id.

there is no need for any license for any gun in NH

For handguns, a P&R license is required for a sale face to face UNLESS the buyer is personally known to you.

I do not think that is required for long arms, but you want to be reasonably sure that the person you are selling to is not a prohibited person, so you need to know the person, have someone you know and trust assure you the buyer is legal, or if in doubt, transfer the gun via a FFL who will do a background check

there is no need for any license for any gun in NH

For handguns, a P&R license is required for a sale face to face UNLESS the buyer is personally known to you.

I do not think that is required for long arms, but you want to be reasonably sure that the person you are selling to is not a prohibited person, so you need to know the person, have someone you know and trust assure you the buyer is legal, or if in doubt, transfer the gun via a FFL who will do a background check

Reasonably certain is not good enough to stake possibly being charged with a felony on in my book:

159:7 Sales to Felons. – No person shall sell, deliver, or otherwise transfer a pistol, revolver or any other firearm, to a person who has been convicted, in any jurisdiction, of a felony. Whoever violates the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a class B felony.

Ask for a CC license if you do not know for a fact they have no felonies or perform the transfer at a gun shop. If they have a valid C&R ffl that also is proof of not being a felon.

Back
Top Bottom