• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Help Needed ! Marlin Camp Carbine Barrel (9mm)

Looking for some help from the masses...I have a Marlin Camp Carbine 9mm, that someone had rechambered to .356TSW back in the day.
Needless to say - that caliber is long past it's usefulness. I want to rebarrel it to it's original 9mm.
I could cut off the bbl - rethread / rechamber but now I'm looking at an SBR - not something I want to do with this particular specimen.
I have looked high and low for a new / used Marlin 9mm barrel - as far as I can tell - they are like hens teeth...unobtanium.
Next stop - look for a 9mm barrel blank (17" ish).

Green Mountain Barrels was a perfect solution - but they are out of stock and their CS rep said they "may" do a run mid 2022 or possibly later. ($43)
This seems to also be in the unobtanium category, unless I buy a custom blank from a big barrel maker - (recent quote was $260+)

So - anyone know where I may find a used bbl for this or a blank that I can turn / thd / chamber? (yes I have all the capability/tooling)

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

I'm guessing an AR15 9mm barrel wouldn't have enough metal to treat as a blank. How about cut off, rethread/rechamber, and permanently attach a muzzle device to get out of SBR lengths? Other than that best I've come up with is calling smaller custom AR barrel shops to see if they'll sell you a blank out of their stock. Probably be more expensive than it should be, but...

Green Mountain Barrels was a perfect solution - but they are out of stock and their CS rep said they "may" do a run mid 2022
you can always pre-pay and just wait for them to do it, if it is indeed a simplest solution.

How about cut off, rethread/rechamber, and permanently attach a muzzle device to get out of SBR lengths?
I feel fairly stoopid right now...this idea is brilliant - chop it/set back/rethread/rechamber and pin a comp on.
Thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom