Help-my new mags are stiff as all getup

yanici

NES Member
Got my new Sig. Newbie to semi-pistols. I Bought a box of A-Zoom snap caps. Tried loading a mag and I can barely get them in with all the spring pressure. What can I do. I can't take the gun to the range if I can't reload.[sad]

Constant compressing and uncompressing is what breaks in springs. Leaving a magazine loaded for a long time does not necessarily loosen up the spring.

Constantly loading and unloading does.

Good luck

Thanks folks. The loader has been ordered. Easy when you know what you're doin'. Duh!!

+1 Lord
+1 Blitz

Last edited:
i was told when i got my 220, was to not fill the mags. leave then a round or too short and shoot & repeat. after a few range trips they were much easier.

Or you could sit infront of the TV tonight with a brewski and just load and unload your mags till you cant feel your thumb anymore...

Constant compressing and uncompressing is what breaks in springs. Leaving a magazine loaded for a long time does not necessarily loosen up the spring.

Leaving them loaded will help establish the initial set point of the springs, though.

If these are sig 10 round cripplemags we're talking about though, they'll probably always be a pain in the ass to load... most cripplemags are bad that way.

-Mike

Leaving them loaded will help establish the initial set point of the springs, though.

If these are sig 10 round cripplemags we're talking about though, they'll probably always be a pain in the ass to load... most cripplemags are bad that way.

-Mike

Thanks for the good news.[sad] Yeah, they're the cripple mags, came with the gun, made in Italy.

Back
Top Bottom