Help me understand A.O.W.'s

Guinness1972

NES Member
I want a A.O.W. 12g (Safety Harbor Firearms' A.O.W. 12 gauge entry gun). I keep hearing that Mass no longer allows short barrel shotguns. Is this accurate? Would A.O.W.'s in 12 gauge fall into this? My town has already issued me my green card without any hassle. So I don't perceive an issue with getting a application signed off for a A.O.W.

Disclaimer: I'm sorry if this has already been discussed in another post. If so I would be more than happy to read that post and discontinue this post so we don't have to rehash already stated facts. Please just let me know where to look. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Would this mean I could build a AOW entry 12g then register (Form 1) it to avoid the sawed off issue? What I have found so far is that an a.o.w. can only have a pistol grip and if any type of stock is added it's then a short barrel shotgun.

Disclaimer: No I'm not going to hack at a mythical shotgun that I don't own. I'm just trying to get some type of black and white answer out of a sea of grey gun laws and no I don't want to go to jail so please don't post that. Thanks just trying to avoid banter from people who don't know.

Back
Top Bottom