Help identifying CZ75 mags

Mevans313

NES Member
Hey guys, I was sold some CZ-75 mags a while back that were supposedly pre-ban but I’ve had a few people tell me now that they aren’t. Could someone that knows better please confirm? I am trying to sell them if I can but I don’t want to sell them to someone as pre-ban if they aren’t. They’re made by Mec-Gar, marked as 15 but fit 16 rounds easily if unblocked.

Update: not pre ban, per Mec-Gar themselves! They didn’t make CZ mags until post-94

Attachments

• IMG_5105.jpeg
    IMG_5105.jpeg
    298.9 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_5104.jpeg
    IMG_5104.jpeg
    311.4 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Pretty sure Mecgar didn’t start making CZ75 mags for CZ as OEM until after the fed ban started. But I don’t know if they made any as aftermarket on their own before ‘94

@A.K. , thoughts?

Last edited:
Usually side hole mecgars are not preban but that's not really conclusive. Or let me put it this way, the pant shitters are not going to give you extra $ for those, as that's an item that someone like cdnn would sell for like $25-$30. High quality though.

every cop or LE person I've ever spoken to doesn't care.

However, if you're sporting 10+ *during the commission of a crime*, you're F*Ked

Maybe who you’ve spoken to, but there are plenty of people charged with “high cap” magazine possession merely because the police stumbled upon their magazines for some other reason. I’ve never heard it happening at the range, but people unfortunately encounter curious police other times in their lives.

Yeah
Usually side hole mecgars are not preban but that's not really conclusive. Or let me put it this way, the pant shitters are not going to give you extra $ for those, as that's an item that someone like cdnn would sell for like $25-$30. High quality though.
Yeah from the sounds of it I was one of those chumps that paid good money for these from a fellow NES member. I guess I’ll keep em blocked till I move out of state this summer 🥲 live and learn

I understood that those marked Mec-Gar with metal baseplates and Made in Italy are preban. More importantly, as already stated in the accusation of a crime every mag over 10 rounds will be confiscated and used as basis for a charge. No one is ever going to be charged with nothing but mag capacity violations.

every mag over 10 rounds will be confiscated and used as basis for a charge
police presses that charge automatically on any 10+ capacity mag found, and the burden of proof is on the person who owns that item to deal with the process and produce evidence that it is indeed pre-ban and is indeed allowed.
so do not put yourself into silly situations that create problems, the magazine is not the issue, the stupidity is.

…No one is ever going to be charged with nothing but mag capacity violations.

Oh really? Guy did nothing wrong aside from having a shitty roommate.

What about this guy? Heated argument with his wife and boom, high cap mag charges. No indication that he was actually abusive towards her, but those mag charges still presented themselves. Only reason he’s free is his position in the community and his wealth.

argument with his wife and boom
to defense of the spouse it was the proactive offspring that called popo on her parents. i always wondered what was the outcome of that case, but i guess the wealthy well connected ones always find a way out.

Only reason he’s free is his position in the community and his wealth

Without context this statement is meaningless. You have to define free. Sucking for a CWOF or a plea w/no jail might mean free from jail but the guy is probably a PP. Also, that's not "special" or unusual for someone to walk, it's about how much damage they may or may not take on the way out.....

to defense of the spouse it was the proactive offspring that called popo on her parents. i always wondered what was the outcome of that case, but i guess the wealthy well connected ones always find a way out.
You say that but more than likely he ate a shit plea sandwich just like everybody else, unless his attorney got the charges dropped.

Last edited:
police presses that charge automatically on any 10+ capacity mag found, and the burden of proof is on the person who owns that item to deal with the process and produce evidence that it is indeed pre-ban and is indeed allowed.
so do not put yourself into silly situations that create problems, the magazine is not the issue, the stupidity is.

Well, the burden of proof is on the state. But that burden is low, given how wrong the juror instructions are for large capacity feeding devices. It looks to be an uphill battle for the defense to convince the jurors that pre-ban is an actual thing. Interestingly, the MA juror instructions for large capacity feeding device violations don’t say anything about pre-bans. It partially quoted the definition, but leaves out the date consideration :

What the juror instructions use as the definition: “A large capacity feeding device is defined in our law as a fixed or detachable magazine, box, drum, feed strip, or similar device capable of accepting, or that can be readily converted to accept, more than ten rounds of ammunition or more than five shotgun shells.)”

What the actual law says:
''Large capacity feeding device'', (i) a fixed or detachable magazine, box, drum, feed strip or similar device capable of accepting, or that can be readily converted to accept, more than ten rounds of ammunition or more than five shotgun shells; or (ii) a large capacity ammunition feeding device as defined in the federal Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act, 18 U.S.C. section 921(a)(31) as appearing in such section on September 13, 1994. The term ''large capacity feeding device'' shall not include an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with,.22 caliber ammunition.

As we all know, 18 U.S.C. Section 921(a)(31) as it appeared on 13 SEP 94 was as follows:

”(31) The term “large capacity ammunition feeding device’ -
“(A) means a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device manufactured after the date of enactment of the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994 that had a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition; but
“(B) does not include and attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with, .22 caliber rimfire ammunition.”.

For those interested, I have emailed Meg-Gar with photos and this was their response:

“It is not pre-ban. We first introduced CZ magazines during the Federal assault weapons ban.”

Thus, these mags are now within full state compliance and have been permanently blocked to a limit of 10 rounds. Fear not everybody, you are now safe from these abominations.

For those interested, I have emailed Meg-Gar with photos and this was their response:

“It is not pre-ban. We first introduced CZ magazines during the Federal assault weapons ban.”

Thus, these mags are now within full state compliance and have been permanently blocked to a limit of 10 rounds. Fear not everybody, you are now safe from these abominations.
That was quick. Good for them

Well, the burden of proof is on the state
once you are dragged into the court on the false charge it is always on you to prove your innocence, as judge will always go with the prosecution and cops against the accused.

Back
Top Bottom