• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Healey "closing the loophole" letter to gun dealers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't GAF about Healy, I want a repeal of the AWB to prevent future tyrants from attempting to usurp power similarly in the future!!
Repeat- repeat: I hear you loud and clear.

nothing less, the ag even said they it hasn't been enforced for 22 years,

and there have have been zero problems

SUNSET NOW.

- - - Updated - - -

And bring water tomorrow

I'll ask again in case it was lost - Anyone hear anything back from Rep Mirra? Called and emailed twice with no response.

I Have called a few times and am just getting a machine.
I know he's on our side, it would be nice if we could get ahold of him though.

So if the AG decides that the legislature meant that any unborn child is a person...she can retroactively arrest and prosecute every women who had an abortion in the state?

From the updated Q&A:
Q: Does the Enforcement Notice affect the legality of the sale of receivers for Assault Weapons if the gun is not built out?

Yes. If the receiver is for a weapon that would meet one of the tests described above, it will be treated as an Assault Weapon and it cannot be sold in Massachusetts.​

So it would seem that if you owned the receiver on or before 7/20 you should be okay under her current prosecutorial discretion, but IANAL.

Essentially you are stuck with a stripped receiver that you technically can't build up into a complete receiver since it is illegal due to her new interruption. So that pretty much means it would have been useless to even try EFA-10ing it on the 20th.

Whatever happened to MichaelJR? This is his moment.

He chimed in the other day in one of these threads and we PM'd a bit.

If any of you folks who bought on Wednesday, now decide, since the AG has given you the green light (It's not really as the gun has zero value in the state and a fraction of the value outside) you are going to blow off tomorrow - screw you.

The only thing we accept is a full and complete retraction and then get the legislature working on a repeal of the entire AWB section. If it "can't be done" and "we will have hearings in the fall" is the answer - that is no answer.

From the updated Q&A:
Q: Does the Enforcement Notice affect the legality of the sale of receivers for Assault Weapons if the gun is not built out?

Yes. If the receiver is for a weapon that would meet one of the tests described above, it will be treated as an Assault Weapon and it cannot be sold in Massachusetts.​

So it would seem that if you owned the receiver on or before 7/20 you should be okay under her current prosecutorial discretion, but IANAL.

So... I want to buy a stripped lower receiver to buld a bolt action rifle which would not meet any of the tests she lists... but I can't because I might build it into something illegal?

Essentially you are stuck with a stripped receiver that you technically can't build up into a complete receiver since it is illegal due to her new interruption. So that pretty much means it would have been useless to even try EFA-10ing it on the 20th.

I wonder. Says it cannot be sold. Doesn't say it cannot be possessed, transfered without consideration, willed, or built. Just can't be sold.

Doesn't seem to answer the question at all about stripped receivers the were legally possessed as of the 20th, but not built or FA10'd. Seems to just be an answer for dealer sales.

He chimed in the other day in one of these threads and we PM'd a bit.

If any of you folks who bought on Wednesday, now decide, since the AG has given you the green light (It's not really as the gun has zero value in the state and a fraction of the value outside) you are going to blow off tomorrow - screw you.

The only thing we accept is a full and complete retraction and then get the legislature working on a repeal of the entire AWB section. If it "can't be done" and "we will have hearings in the fall" is the answer - that is no answer.

Agreed. Even the new Q&A is subject to change at any time. There is no green light here.

I called Baker's office again today.
Told the guy answering the phone that I was dumbstruck that after most all of the gun owners in this state voting for him over that witch Coakly that he would turn and backstab us at the first opportunity.
He knows damn well what she did is illegal.
Also told the guy to please pass along that I hope he enjoys his first and last term as Governor, because if he thinks that the group of people that he just applauded the AG for turning into instant criminals would ever think of voting for him again, (and that incudes our friends and families ) he's nuts.

I propose that from here on forward that he be referred to as "BACKSTABBING CHARLIE".
What say you NES?
Let's make it stick.

We really need our allies in the legislature to file bills that repeal Ch 140 Sec 131M. We really must push hard for this. It is the only thing that will give the anti's pause down the road with other ideas. We need to show them that EVERY time they pull stunts like this, we not only stop them, but we roll some of their existing garbage back on them. My wife and I will see you folks tomorrow at the rally.

- - - Updated - - -

I called Baker's office again today.
Told the guy answering the phone that I was dumbstruck that after most all of the gun owners in this state voting for him over that witch Coakly that he would turn and backstab us at the first opportunity.
He knows damn well what she did is illegal.
Also told the guy to please pass along that I hope he enjoys his first and last term as Governor, because if he thinks that the group of people that he just applauded the AG for turning into instant criminals would ever think of voting for him again, (and that incudes our friends and families ) he's nuts.

I propose that from here on forward that he be referred to as "BACKSTABBING CHARLIE".
What say you NES?
Let's make it stick.

This.

As if this is any surprise to anyone, a rep from Seth Moulton's office got back to me when I asked what he thought (I already know Seth's stance but was curious on her actions, not the outcome of what she did):

[FONT=&quot]Dear Anthony,

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thanks very much for taking the time to write. My name is Brendan O'Bryan and I work in Congressman Moulton's office in DC. The Congressman supports the Attorney General's recent directive regarding the sale of replica and copy-cat assault weapons. He believes this is an important step to ensure that manufacturers and dealers in the Commonwealth are compliant with the spirit of the law. As you may have heard, last year 10,000 assault style weapons were legally sold in Massachusetts, despite the existing ban. The Attorney General's actions were within her authority to issue clarifying directives regarding the enforcement of existing law.
Thanks again for writing. If we can be of any further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Sincerely,

Brendan O'Bryan
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]
Sincerely,

Brendan O'Bryan
[/FONT]

1f86a51.jpg

https://www.linkedin.com/in/brendan-o-bryan-33a98112

Last edited:
As if this is any surprise to anyone, a rep from Seth Moulton's office got back to me when I asked what he thought (I already know Seth's stance but was curious on her actions, not the outcome of what she did):

[FONT=&quot]Dear Anthony,

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thanks very much for taking the time to write. My name is Brendan O'Bryan and I work in Congressman Moulton's office in DC. The Congressman supports the Attorney General's recent directive regarding the sale of replica and copy-cat assault weapons. He believes this is an important step to ensure that manufacturers and dealers in the Commonwealth are compliant with the spirit of the law. As you may have heard, last year 10,000 assault style weapons were legally sold in Massachusetts, despite the existing ban. The Attorney General's actions were within her authority to issue clarifying directives regarding the enforcement of existing law.
Thanks again for writing. If we can be of any further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Sincerely,

Brendan O'Bryan
[/FONT]

"Legally sold"

Didn't the AG say they were illegally sold? Glad they're on the same page.

[FONT="][I]Dear Anthony,

[/I][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT="]Thanks very much for taking the time to write. My name is Brendan O'Bryan and I work in Congressman Moulton's office in DC. The Congressman supports the Attorney General's recent directive regarding the sale of replica and copy-cat assault weapons. He believes this is an important step to ensure that manufacturers and dealers in the Commonwealth are compliant with the spirit of the law. As you may have heard, last year 10,000 assault style weapons were legally sold in Massachusetts, despite the existing ban. The Attorney General's actions were within her authority to issue clarifying directives regarding the enforcement of existing law.

Sincerely,

Brendan O'Bryan
[/FONT]

Lets send this douche bag back to Iraqi with nothing more that a BB Gun. See how that works for him. As a Veteran he shames all of us that served.

Just spoke to bakers office again - the guy on the phone said that gov baker says she has the right to do what she did. I then proceeded to school the dolt on the branches of government and exactly why we didn't have just one. I think they are bringing in temps to answer phones cause this guy knew zero! I then asked if he had any insight into gov bakers position on this going forward - and told him I hoped for the sake of his second term he would do something about it.
Next person who talks to someone in Faker's office and gets this response should ask when did the governor sign the AG's new law? New laws don't become law until the Governor acts on them.

Q: What if I already own a gun that is a copy or duplicate?

• If a weapon is a copy or duplicate of one of the models enumerated in the law, it is an Assault weapon. The Enforcement notice will not be applied to possession, ownership or transfer by an individual gun owner of weapons obtained on or before July 20, 2016.

• The AGO also will not enforce the law against a gun dealer that possesses or transfers a “copy or duplicate” weapon that was obtained on or before July 20, 2016, provided that transfers, if any, are made to persons or businesses in states where ownership of the weapon is legal
Did they rewrite? On or before July 20, 2016

Put this another thread but seriously...

How can our FA-10 system not be 'registration' when you read something like this:

But Healey is facing a potential dilemma. On Thursday, rifle sales dropped back to 266 in the state but more than half of those – 143 – appear to be the banned assault weapon types, although there are some exceptions. A spokeswoman said the office would be examining the sales to see if they are outside her order.

http://commonwealthmagazine.org/guns...own-on-threat/

[FONT=&amp]Dear Anthony,

[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Thanks very much for taking the time to write. My name is Brendan O'Bryan and I work in Congressman Moulton's office in DC. The Congressman supports the Attorney General's recent directive regarding the sale of replica and copy-cat assault weapons. He believes this is an important step to ensure that manufacturers and dealers in the Commonwealth are compliant with the spirit of the law. As you may have heard, last year 10,000 assault style weapons were legally sold in Massachusetts, despite the existing ban. The Attorney General's actions were within her authority to issue clarifying directives regarding the enforcement of existing law.

Sincerely,

Brendan O'Bryan
[/FONT]

Brendan, Of those 10000 rifles sold in MA, how many were used in homicides?

I'm probably not the first person to point this out, but the State publishes the EOPSS Large Capacity Weapons Roster which would seem to include all "illegal" firearms we're talking about. How can the state publish a roster of firearms that are legal to buy and then tell us we've been buying them illegally? http://www.mass.gov/eopss/docs/chsb/firearms/large-capacity-roster-06-2011.pdf

I'm curious as to what the F in her warped opinion is a " compliant rifle " considering she feels gun makers have been exploiting a " loophole "

Put this another thread but seriously...

How can our FA-10 system not be 'registration' when you read something like this:

http://commonwealthmagazine.org/guns...own-on-threat/

Who is honestly saying that it isn't? Option number 2 on the efa10 page is "Registration" https://mircs.chs.state.ma.us/fa10/action/home?app_context=home&app_action=presentTrans

Registration

Use this option if 1) you are a Massachusetts resident and you obtained a firearm, rifle, shotgun or machine gun from out of state 2) you recently moved to Massachusetts and you wish to record ownership of a firearm, rifle, shotgun or machine gun or 3) you possess a firearm, rifle, shotgun or machine gun and there is no record of the weapon on file with the Firearms Records Bureau.

It says "if you wish" but then says "and there is no record..." So clearly it is required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom