• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Healey "closing the loophole" letter to gun dealers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please be advise - there are 'common travelers' and outright plants on this and other boards. They post some valid stuff - but for the most part serve only to split the group.

It's a known ploy and a long time game within the intel community > DEA > BATFE > AG. Unless you KNOW a person and his/her background, don't trust them completely.

See Randy Weaver - a guy planted in the area set him up, told him it was fine to cut the shotgun barrel then tried to bag and turn him as soon as the scrap hit the floor.

I'm not going to name folks as I have suspicions, but without seeing them face-to-face I won't make the call. Just be advised if you type it on ANY electronic device - the govt can get it if they want, otherwise it's just scanned via algorithm and kicked out if it meets criteria.

Where have I heard this crap before? Oh, that's right, it goes something like this:

"Sometimes exercising rights leads to them being taken away."

Most often mentioned in regards to open carry.

Because that is what causes corrupt government agents to infringe on your rights. You exercising them. Sure thing. They definitely wouldn't be infringing on them otherwise! That is their only motivation. Yep, that's it! And that's a great reason to not exercise a right too!

Hey, if you tell the truth too much, corrupt government will make it illegal to tell the truth! You should probably just keep your mouth shut!

Hey, if you always use a good attorney, corrupt government will make having attorneys illegal! You should probably just plead guilty.

I can't believe I was reading some of this crap. I'm sure if not for an old video of someone explaining the law Maura would never have usurped her authority and made up her own!

Unreal.

[rolleyes]

I just read 308 pages of this thread (ok - I skimmed about half of the pages). I just have two observations.

1. It seems odd to me to see people blaming MFS for speaking out about the ridiculous nature of the existing AWB. It didn't tell the AG's office something she didn't know and to suggest people should remain quiet about the issue strikes me as fundamentally opposed to the whole point of the second amendment (and probably the first).

2. For all the people suggesting that FFLs ignore this order and sell them anyway, that's not going to happen. I wouldn't even ask an FFL to voluntarily destroy their livelihood by losing their license, risking jail time, etc, to fight a 3-5 year court battle that, in all honesty, they're likely to lose (I base that solely on the way courts seem to go - against gun owners 90% of the time). If you really want to be a hero, it takes people making FTF transfers of the newly banned weapons and then you go and fight it in court, just like you are asking FFLs to do. But then you'd be risking arrest, losing your job and livelihood, going to jail while you spend 3-5 years appealing, etc. I doubt there will be too many takers.

Honestly, your best bet is to move out of Mass. Hopefully you have a business you can move out with you. Apart from that, I don't see much changing in MA.

I just read 308 pages of this thread (ok - I skimmed about half of the pages). I just have two observations.

1. It seems odd to me to see people blaming MFS for speaking out about the ridiculous nature of the existing AWB. It didn't tell the AG's office something she didn't know and to suggest people should remain quiet about the issue strikes me as fundamentally opposed to the whole point of the second amendment (and probably the first).

2. For all the people suggesting that FFLs ignore this order and sell them anyway, that's not going to happen. I wouldn't even ask an FFL to voluntarily destroy their livelihood by losing their license, risking jail time, etc, to fight a 3-5 year court battle that, in all honesty, they're likely to lose (I base that solely on the way courts seem to go - against gun owners 90% of the time). If you really want to be a hero, it takes people making FTF transfers of the newly banned weapons and then you go and fight it in court, just like you are asking FFLs to do. But then you'd be risking arrest, losing your job and livelihood, going to jail while you spend 3-5 years appealing, etc. I doubt there will be too many takers.

Honestly, your best bet is to move out of Mass. Hopefully you have a business you can move out with you. Apart from that, I don't see much changing in MA.

Lol on #2. She has everything she needs already to bring thousands of prosecutions against FFLs and individuals based on her frivolous legal theory.

Lol on #2. She has everything she needs already to bring thousands of prosecutions against FFLs and individuals based on her frivolous legal theory.

And she will do it too - it's just a matter of time and the correct political climate. My guess is early 2017, we will all be given the option to turn them in and get a CWOF - failure to do so will get your LTC revoked (denied at least). We will all get a chance to make our stand, go to court, or cower on blended knee.

And she will do it too - it's just a matter of time and the correct political climate. My guess is early 2017, we will all be given the option to turn them in and get a CWOF - failure to do so will get your LTC revoked (denied at least). We will all get a chance to make our stand, go to court, or cower on blended knee.

No.

The petty back and forth is not becoming of this site. I'm done with keeping up on this thread. You all can keep bytching - see if it gets you anywhere...

Yeah. I'm closing this purse fight.

If anybody wants to start a new thread discussing specific aspects of the AG's behavior, have at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom