Heads up for PSL owners

SKS Ray

NES Member
This is a post from the SKS boards concerning a recall on Century PSL rifles:

I hope you saw the PSL-54C update from Century Arms Imports.
Not some, but all PSL-54C marked rifles imported are reclassified and need sent back to Century Arms Imports.
They were all manufactured with a safety sear hole of which all of them to get them into the country were welded over and the guns were refinished.
Some of these PSLs have the hole welded and dremilled over so well you cannot ever tell that hole ever existed.
This does not apply to Tenessee made FPKs.
This only applies to any PSL-54C marked rifles made in Romania by Cugir.

Why the recall?

BATF says that hole if it was used, even if welded up, can time the weapon for full auto fire with a safety sear. It is the attage of once a machinegun, always a machinegun.

I know, you dont have to convince me that it is ludicrous or sounds completely wrong that a 10 round semi-auto counter sniper rifle is now reclassified as a machinegun, but they are.

Call Century Arms Imports because I know 99% of you wont believe just my word on this.

I sent mine back to Century, and it was a PSL-54C Cugir manufactured rifle. Century Arms has my gun and is supposed to send a 'comparable' rifle back to me. Probably will get the inferior FPK that one of the Century Arms Imports gunsmith wannabes made instead.

The older imported military PSLs wont be any different. Same recievers used, and they will be hunted down by BATF so watch out.

Call BATF or Century, plain and simple before you buy that PSL.

Is this another case where the BATF initially stated that it was okay to sell these firearms but then later on changed their opinion on it's legality?

Or, did someone at Century screw-up?

Is this another case where the BATF initially stated that it was okay to sell these firearms but then later on changed their opinion on it's legality?

Or, did someone at Century screw-up?

Not sure, if you call your rep at Century they can probably shed some more light on it than the post I copied.

Back
Top Bottom