Heads Up For Anyone Expecting a NR - NH LTC Renewal

Patriot

NES Member
Current wait is 14-15 weeks after they receive it. The are currently processing March
20-something so take a look at your permit and download the form. If you wait for
the renewal notice to come to you like I did, your existing permit will lapse for about
two months because they only send it out two months ahead. I don't know if this is
true for residents.

Or get a Florida permit (reciprocity). [smile]

If you check in the NH gun laws section there are some people that sent theirs in later and got theirs earlier so it would appear that at least sometimes things are out of order with the backlog. I sent mine in the first week of April and recently called and they said they were working on the last week of march.
So for anyone renewing I would send it in about 2 months earlier if not 3.

I had the same problem. I called the second week in June and Rosemary told me that they were working on March apps then. I sent my renewal form and check in, in April.

Mark056

I finally got mine yesterday, check was dated 3/12/09, my brother is still waiting on his and it was submitted at the same time as mine so I'm thinking it may be in the mail today.

I sent in my renewal in mid March and I'm still waiting. They haven't cash my check as of yet.

That is what triggered me to call. I was doing my bills and saw that outstanding check.
I wanted to make sure they received my application and check. The woman I talked to
wouldn't/couldn't even tell me if my application had arrived. I'm not worried as it's not
MA. The NH'ers seem a lot more on the ball and you get the feeling talking with them
that, unlike their MA brethren, they really do give a shit.

Perhaps it's worth contacting the 3 NH pro-gun organizations and asking them to address the non-Res renewal issue. While fragmented in effort, they're all we've got.

When I contact any MA officials or agencies about firearms issues, they immediately go to "dont give a flying F" mode when they find out I am a non-Resident (paying the same MA income taxes but not voting). So I'd expect little from talking to NH gov't as well.

+1.

There's only two or three states, IIRC, that only have reciprocity with resident licenses.

I'm confused by the NH policy re non-resident reciprocity.

Can you help clarify for me?

Are you saying that non-resident NH licenses are not accepted by states that DO accept the NH resident license for reciprocity purposes?

In other words, if a MA resident has a NH non-resident license, that non-resident license only allows them to shoot in NH, not in other states that accept the NH RESIDENT license for reciprocity purposes?

Last edited:
My NH renewal is due in January, just saw the "new" renewal form; price now $100!!!! Yeah I know better than MA non-resident, but when I asked 2 months back about renewing early before the rumored increase, the NH residents said don't worry it's only in committee..............[frown]

In other words, if a MA resident has a NH non-resident license, that non-resident license only allows them to shoot in NH, not in other states that accept the NH RESIDENT license for reciprocity purposes?
There are a number of states that only honor other state's CCW's if they are for RESIDENT... As such, "non-Resident" are not honored...

It's case-by-case, you need to check for each state you are interested in...

As stated, FL's non-resident CCW is not accepted in NH (and a few other states), but IS accepted in most others who honor FL's resident CCW...

Short form: LTC/CCWs have less interstate recognition than conventional marriage but more than gay marriage.

I'm confused by the NH policy re non-resident reciprocity.

Can you help clarify for me?

Are you saying that non-resident NH licenses are not accepted by states that DO accept the NH resident license for reciprocity purposes?

There are only six states (see my previous post) that will not accept non-resident licenses.

Example, Colorado and Ohio (where I live) do not have any reciprocity so my Ohio CHL is no good there. I do have a New Hampshire Pistol and Revolver License. Colorado and New Hampshire have reciprocity. So you would think that I could carry concealed in CO. But I cannot because I am not a NH resident, so CO will not accept my NH Non-Resident license.

There are two ways for me to carry concealed in Colorado. Move there and get their license or move somewhere that has reciprocity with Colorado and get that license. I cannot use a non-resident license from a state with Colorado reciprocity because Colorado law does not accept them.

Back
Top Bottom