"He would never have done anything stupid, like grab for a gun..."

U/D:

NJ county notches 450 carjackings as hunt for assailants continues

As the reward for suspects connected to a fatal carjacking at an upscale New Jersey mall has risen to $41,000, the number of such violent crimes in the garden state's Essex County has reached 450 in 2013 — an all-time high.

Katherine Carter, a spokeswoman for the Essex County Prosecutor’s Office, told FoxNews.com that 450 carjackings have occurred this year, up from 422 in 2012. In 2011, 277 carjackings were reported in the county, which includes crime-ridden Newark, once dubbed the “car theft capital of the world” in the 1990s.

“It’s the most ever,” said Carter, who encouraged motorists to, among other things, have their keys ready when approaching their vehicle and never to leave valuables unattended.

Carjackings have been thrust back into the national spotlight following the death of a 30-year-old man who was fatally shot by assailants on Sunday in the parking garage of The Mall at Short Hills, about 10 miles west of Newark. Dustin Friedland, a 30-year-old attorney who lived in Hoboken, has been mourned as a man of integrity, with relatives noting that his final act was to open the car door for his wife, who is also an attorney. Authorities continue to seek two assailants who fled in Friedland’s silver Range Rover, which was recovered abandoned Monday in Newark. A reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those suspects now stands at $41,000.

Full Story >>> http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/12/2...carjackings-as-hunt-for-assailants-continues/

No comprendo. Grabbing for a gun would have been stupid? But, at the same time, NOT grabbing for a gun proved to be stoopider.

I'm just a knuckle dragging neanderthal that barely graduated high school (we have NES members that can attest to that), so forgive me for not understanding how getting shot in the face was the smartest course of action.

I have family down there and I wish it was this easy. NO ONE gets a permit. Except ex-leo. But NO ONE else gets a permit. Fill out the paper work, pay the fee. Sure, go for it. Never ever given with no exceptions except ex leo for some reason...

When I lived there a while back there were only about 1,500 permits for CC issued in the ENTIRE state. All important people with connections. Retired LEOs carry on their retired credentials

Last edited:
A lot of young, smart people are leaving the craphole that is the tristate area and moving to greener pastures. You can see why.

A lot of young, smart people are leaving the craphole that is the tristate area and moving to greener pastures. You can see why.

the problem is that they bring the NJ mentality with them and try and change the green pastures to mud and dirt.

While living in Colorado, I saw first hand what happens when people migrate from states like California, NY, NJ, and MA. The state goes from freedom loving people, to purple and then blue in a few short years

the problem is that they bring the NJ mentality with them and try and change the green pastures to mud and dirt.

While living in Colorado, I saw first hand what happens when people migrate from states like California, NY, NJ, and MA. The state goes from freedom loving people, to purple and then blue in a few short years
Same in NH

The guy protected his wife the best way he could. He's a hero in my book.

As pointed out elsewhere NJ is a very tough place to get a permit. Or maybe he made a conscious decision to not be armed. Not the wisest decision IMHO, but his to make.

In the end he gave his life to protect a woman. That's hero material.

Sad, but true. He did what he could with what he had.

The guy protected his wife the best way he could. He's a hero in my book.

As pointed out elsewhere NJ is a very tough place to get a permit. Or maybe he made a conscious decision to not be armed. Not the wisest decision IMHO, but his to make.

In the end he gave his life to protect a woman. That's hero material.

- - - Updated - - -

Well well. Looks like they caught them. I'm sure they were just taking the car so they could get to their self help turn your life around programs.
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...d-shooting-death-outside-upscale-nj-mall?lite
Filthy scum needs to be hung now.

Greg

This can't be what happened. The NES crime stoppers said it was a mob hit! [rofl]

NJ will not issue a concealed carry permit unless you've got a demonstrated need, and Hoboken will even F with your normal NJ FID "rights" in NJ. So it's good to know even if he wanted to do something stupid like try to defend himself with a firearm, the state and municipality has made sure that he is a good, upstanding crime statistic.

After the perps are duly convicted I'm expecting the state to revoke their NJ Handgun Permits to prevent this tragedy from happening again to another family.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't do anything stupid like "grab for a gun" either. I would have properly unholstered it. [wink]

Back
Top Bottom