"He would never have done anything stupid, like grab for a gun..."

So how do you not hesitate to protect someone but not be willing to use deadly force to protect the ones you love?

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family. But a gun and some training could have prevented this..

How sad is this? A week before Christmas, very sad. Do you know that this could happen to any one of us at any time.And the liberal media and elected officials will blame guns and not hold the scum bags accountable dial 911 my ass SAD fkkn SAD!!

I asked a guy at work who is a newly married, new father, new home owner what he would do if someone kicked his front door in at 3am. He said he would fight them. I asked, "half asleep, in your boxers fight one or more wide awake people who are prolly armed with something and who may be on some kind if drug?" He shrugged and said ya like it was nothing. After months of asking he still won't come to the range. Some people just don't understand the real world and never will.

Yeah, cause if he had tried to pull a gun it just would have gotten taken from him and used against him, or it would have escalated the situation and he might have gotten hurt. Oh wait.

I asked a guy at work who is a newly married, new father, new home owner what he would do if someone kicked his front door in at 3am. He said he would fight them. I asked, "half asleep, in your boxers fight one or more wide awake people who are prolly armed with something and who may be on some kind if drug?" He shrugged and said ya like it was nothing. After months of asking he still won't come to the range. Some people just don't understand the real world and never will.
I asked a guy at work the same question as he will not get a gun. His answer... I would call the police. Good luck with that.

Petit.

It can/will/does happen.

SUV was found 11 miles away in Newark. I can't find a description anywhere. Strange, considering the wife was RIGHT THERE.

They are offering $10,000.00 reward for the perps though! You don't need a description for that kind of money!

Why was he driving a Range Rover? This never would have happened if he would have been driving a SMART car, no one needs the capacity of a Range rover in Jersey...

So how do you not hesitate to protect someone but not be willing to use deadly force to protect the ones you love?

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family. But a gun and some training could have prevented this..

I have family down there and I wish it was this easy. NO ONE gets a permit. Except ex-leo. But NO ONE else gets a permit. Fill out the paper work, pay the fee. Sure, go for it. Never ever given with no exceptions except ex leo for some reason...

This is such a poorly written article about a story replete with holes the size of buses.....

This guy was a lawyer....my bet is that it was a hit. Why whack him and not touch her? There was no mention of a struggle, no demand for the keys or else.....

Left a perfectly good eye witness(as unreliable as they may be), a body, and a car that's now full of forensic evidence. These guys were either incompetent to the point of lunacy, or they didn't care about any of these things, and we're just fulfilling a contract. My money's in the contract.

Sent from my phone....which isn't really a phone anymore, it's a computer on my pocket

I'd rather train to be a proficient shot than a proficient fighter.

Posted because these things have a nasty habit of disappearing:

SHORT HILLS (WABC) -- A funeral is scheduled for a New Jersey man who was fatally shot during a carjacking late Sunday in a mall parking garage. The two carjackers remain at large.
Services for 30-year-old Dustin Friedland are to be held at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Beth Am Shalom in Lakewood.
The Hoboken resident was shot in the head as he was returning to his Range Rover after shopping with his wife at The Mall at Short Hills about 10 miles west of Newark.
The car was recovered Monday in Newark.
The victim's wife's uncle released the following statement:
"I'm just worn out. This day was one of the most difficult days of my life. So totally senseless. So totally devastating. So very sad. I'm not mad, I'm numb. Maybe in a few days, weeks or months, I'll get mad. What I do I want? I want the punks responsible to pay. I want them to die. I want them to get what they gave. I don't want to hear about gun laws, that dilutes this atrocity. I don't want to hear about how difficult they had it growing up, that dilutes the selfishness of their crime. And I don't want to hear how we need to show them compassion, that dilutes the fact that they committed MURDER. Murder that PERMANENTLY ended the life of my nephew, a sweet, soft, loving, giving, smart and talented Individual. Murder that has devastated my niece, made her a widow, and murder that has PERMANENTLY scarred my family."
Friedland had a law degree from Syracuse University and was project manager at his family's heating and air conditioning and heating company in Neptune.
Police say Friedland had just opened the passenger door for his wife and was about to get in the driver's side when he was approached by two men and shot. Witnesses described hearing three gunshots.
He was rushed to Morristown Medical Center, where he later died. The victim's wife was uninjured but was also taken to the hospital.
The two suspects, who are described only as African American, fled the scene driving the victims' vehicle.
The investigation remains active and ongoing. No arrests have been made.
The Essex County Sheriff's Crime Stoppers program is offering a $10,000 reward for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the suspects in this case. The mall has added $20,000 so the total is $30,000.
Anyone with information is urged to contact the Essex County Prosecutor's Office Homicide/Major Crimes Task Force tips line at 1-877-847-7432.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/new_jersey&id=9363446&vid=9361788

Guys, it's NJ. When the Dr. says "grab for a gun" he means making grab for the perp's gun. He's not talking about the deceased making a move for his CCW. Because it's NJ and only criminals are allowed to have CCWs.

Guys, it's NJ. When the Dr. says "grab for a gun" he means making grab for the perp's gun. He's not talking about the deceased making a move for his CCW. Because it's NJ and only criminals are allowed to have CCWs.

Criminals and people with political connections. I know a few NJ residents who have a CCW and it took a lot of work to get it. Still, you're probably right since that's the NJ mind set. Even the people I know who have CCW permits don't think that the process is flawed.

This guy was a lawyer....my bet is that it was a hit. Why whack him and not touch her? There was no mention of a struggle, no demand for the keys or else.....

If it was a planned hit, they would have either killed her too OR done it without witnesses. This was a street crime by people who wanted the car and contents. She's just lucky that they didn't take her along for a night of fun (for them) and then killed her. It's happened before.

If it was a planned hit, they would have either killed her too OR done it without witnesses. This was a street crime by people who wanted the car and contents. She's just lucky that they didn't take her along for a night of fun (for them) and then killed her. It's happened before.

UNLESS!!!!! she ordered the hit because he was fooling around on her with some NY piece of ass.

Last edited by a moderator:
Criminals and people with political connections.

Gary, at first I wanted to correct you but then I realized you said "people with political connections" rather than "politicians". Otherwise there would be no difference between them and the criminals.

Gary, at first I wanted to correct you but then I realized you said "people with political connections" rather than "politicians". Otherwise there would be no difference between them and the criminals.

That's exactly why I worded it that way. My son lived down there for seven years, so I know what it's like. I think they lead the nation in the number of convicted Mayors.

- - - Updated - - -

Thankfully, that channel went buy buy when I got rid of the wife.

That was probably more expensive than getting rid of cable would have been. Maybe more satisfying though.

How sad is this? A week before Christmas, very sad. Do you know that this could happen to any one of us at any time.And the liberal media and elected officials will blame guns and not hold the scum bags accountable dial 911 my ass SAD fkkn SAD!!

This could not happen to any one of us at any time.

1) I never go to the mall with my wife.
2) neither of us drives and $80,000 car.
3) we would never be described as "looking like we were trying to do all their Christmase shopping in one night" - we do most of our shopping on the Internet.

At said, you are mostly correct. Anyone could be a victim at any time. But not making yrslf an attractive target is step one, ahead of carrying a firearm for protection, and getting shot over your stuff is stupid.

This is your brain on adrenaline: you think stupid thoughts and do stupid things. Chances are, the thieves would kick the white girl out of the car(the horror!) and take what they wanted - the car and the loot. Unless you are a really, really dumb criminal, you know you won't last long if you repeatedly victimize and kill the wealthy people who get politicians elected and fund police benevolent associations.

I recognize this as the tragedy it is, but it is eye-opening to see the reactions of people so far removed from the reality experienced by many humans, that they have no idea how their own survival mechanisms work - or in this case, don't.

They are offering $10,000.00 reward for the perps though! You don't need a description for that kind of money!

So, a pair of lawyers driving an $80,000 car and whose father is a doctor out up a whopping $10,000 to find his killers? That sounds more fishy than just letting the cops do their job.

Yeah, cause if he had tried to pull a gun it just would have gotten taken from him and used against him, or it would have escalated the situation and he might have gotten hurt. Oh wait.

You give them the keys, and when they turn to get in the car, you let them see what the inside of their face looks like.

Back
Top Bottom