Has anybody ever fought the AG regulations?

Reptile

NES Member
In regards to the consumer protection regulations, has anybody ever fought the Attorney General?

Reptile

supposedly the NRA, GOAL, whoever dropped the ball when they had the opportunity to fight it. I still think even if everyone on this forum threw together what they could with a few decent lawyers, we would have a fighting chance....? who knows

supposedly the NRA, GOAL, whoever dropped the ball when they had the opportunity to fight it. I still think even if everyone on this forum threw together what they could with a few decent lawyers, we would have a fighting chance....? who knows

Wrong on both.

There was an ad hoc group composed, IIRC, primarily of dealers that challenged the regs. They lost the initial hearing - no surprise - then botched the appeal period.

Hence the burden we are all under now.

well i wasnt sure who dropped the ball but i remeber reading that it happened. stand corrected..... but why cant we fight it now/?????

If all Mass gun owners contribute $100...

we would have $10,000,000 to use for the fight.

I wish somebody could do something about his injustice.

Wrong on both.

There was an ad hoc group composed, IIRC, primarily of dealers that challenged the regs. They lost the initial hearing - no surprise - then botched the appeal period.

Hence the burden we are all under now.

From what I recall... it was the NSSF that botched it (there were some reorganization issues involved). There were some legal "standing" issues, and GOAL was never notified of the game plan.

Hence, we got f***ed and forever more.

Still the arguement has not been answered.... Why is it impossible to fight now? why are we forever screwed and stuck with the regs?

Still the arguement has not been answered.... Why is it impossible to fight now? why are we forever screwed and stuck with the regs?

Because we don't have legal standing. The law is directed at manufacturers and dealers -- it constrains what they can sell. And they already lost.

Because we don't have legal standing. The law is directed at manufacturers and dealers -- it constrains what they can sell. And they already lost.

Could an FFL fight it? It's obviously a massive risk, but I think a dealer that took on the AG and brought down the regs would get a HUGE amount of business. They'd get 100% of mine for guns that I could buy thanks to them, and the rest of my business as long as their prices were anywhere close to good.

Could an FFL fight it? It's obviously a massive risk, but I think a dealer that took on the AG and brought down the regs would get a HUGE amount of business. They'd get 100% of mine for guns that I could buy thanks to them, and the rest of my business as long as their prices were anywhere close to good.

That's what we were kinda hoping for with the Bass Pro incident.

Recently, I have spoke directly to a dealer in Mass that brought the AG to court, I beleive he said it was a couple of years ago, over these regs.

I am not going to disclose who the dealer is- so no PM's please.

My guess is one of the attorney's in this forum may have represented him. But I have no idea who the actual attorney was.

They filed a complaint against the AG. When they were in court and I am not sure if it was the actual court before the judge or maybe before a clerk magistrate, nor do I know which court or under what legal grounds the complaint was based... but whoever showed up to represent the AG's office admitted that they really couldn't enforce these gun regulations and again, according to this person, he won his case.

Bear in mind this is how it was relayed to me. This dealer will sell guns that are on the approved state EOPS list.

If that is true, why doesn't he advertise that fact?

If he truly "won" the suit he would have no reason to not yell from the mountain top that he will sell you guns that other dealer's won't. He would be the busiest gun shop in the state.

This doesn't pass the smell test to me....

I heard this rumor awhile back also...

If that is true, why doesn't he advertise that fact?

If he truly "won" the suit he would have no reason to not yell from the mountain top that he will sell you guns that other dealer's won't. He would be the busiest gun shop in the state.

This doesn't pass the smell test to me....

I wonder if I can get the legal transcript as that should be accessible.

It's amazing how we are all in the dark on this subject!

Back
Top Bottom