• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Harvard Sportsmen's Club sponsorship

I recently moved to Boxborough MA from Nashua NH. I have an unrestricted LTC and would like to know if any current members of HSC could sponsor me as a new member.

Rules have changed, your sponsor must have history with you and verify your character and familiarization with firearms and Harvard SC. I am sponsoring a co-worker/friend next Thursday, 3 January at the monthly members meeting so you might want to stop by. 6:30pm.

Like rwl1950 said. Stop by the meeting and talk to the membership chair or someone on the board. Its a great club and I’m sure they will work it out with you.
What they'll do is say to come to a club event, e.g. breakfast, action pistol practice, etc. Meet people, make friends, come shoot at the club. Then ask someone that has seen you responsibly taking part at the club, ask them to sponsor you.

There are no more same-night sponsorships.

Thanks everyone, I'll plan to stop by next week during the meeting and hopefully get a sponsorship soon. Should I bring guns/ammo for demonstration? I have an unrestricted LTC.

After a recent rules change, you shouldn’t expect to be sponsored after just attending a meeting. Your sponsor needs to know you better than that and have seen your behavior on the range. There are events open to the public, including IDPA and USPSA matches and practice. Go to one of the practices. Introduce yourself. Tell them you are looking for a sponsor. Demonstrate your responsible handling of firearms while you are at the practice.

People would really just show up and sponsor someone they didn’t know sight unseen? Wtf?!

Join our USPSA practice every Wednesday, indoor range 5pm to 7:30.

This is what I did back a few years ago. It’s a great way to let people see you handle a firearm and let others get to know you. Plus it’s always a ton of fun with a great group of people. You’ll probably come away from some of the practices with better technique and possibly a few new friends. It’s also impressive to watch some of these guys work a course.

Bring a pistol, holster, ammo, and a good attitude. Once you are there just introduce yourself and explain what you are looking for. Someone will probably take you under their wing and explain the safety rules and how USPSA works. Just remember your pistol will remain holstered until it’s your turn to run the course.

I’m hoping to get back into it now that my daughter is older and I will have some time on week nights.

Back
Top Bottom