• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hard time dressing for the ladies when carrying IWB or thunderwear at work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I look in the mirror about two times a year and this month I realized that when I carry IWB it makes me look fat and wide on my strong side. When I'm not carrying IWB I look slim, sexy and man-pretty. I carry at about a 4 o clock. I think it adds about 20 pounds to my figure.

Alternatively, I can thunderwear my Glock which helps remedy the wide hips issue...but I end up with another issue. I look like I have a large FUPA (Front upper P*nis area). It's like an un-natural tumorous bulge and since it's not attached to my body per se, sometimes I knock into things at work with it (bending over a table or bouncing it off the corner of someone's cube) and it makes a strange dense knocking sound. Most people don't notice but occasionally I get the "WTF made that noise?"

Most people think that thunderwear carry will make you look like you are hung like a donkey but that's only the case when you sit down and your pants stretch around the dust cover of the pistol, pulling tight against your upper thigh. I don't mind this, and I think it helps but that means I have to sit down all day...or roll around all day in my office chair.

What do you gentlemen do for carry that allows you to still maintain your masculine outline?

Last edited:
I carry a small-medium spare tire around at all times these days so I suppose thats one upshot- the gun doesn't make me look any fatter than I already am. [rofl]

That said, life would be a lot easier if I lost some weight.

-Mike

When I'm not carrying IWB I look slim, sexy and man-pretty
wtf over?

looking in the mirror 2x's a year? ....the missed nose hanger would ruin even a man pretty profile...

Frank Cannon would be ashamed.[laugh]

I don't think we can properly help you without the aid of diagrams, similar to your thread about using the can while carrying

idc7k5.jpg

I look in the mirror about two times a year and this month I realized that when I carry IWB it makes me look fat and wide on my strong side. When I'm not carrying IWB I look slim, sexy and man-pretty. I carry at about a 4 o clock. I think it adds about 20 pounds to my figure.

Alternatively, I can thunderwear my Glock which helps remedy the wide hips issue...but I end up with another issue. I look like I have a large FUPA (Front upper P*nis area). It's like an un-natural tumorous bulge and since it's not attached to my body per se, sometimes I knock into things at work with it (bending over a table or bouncing it off the corner of someone's cube) and it makes a strange dense knocking sound. Most people don't notice but occasionally I get the "WTF made that noise?"

Most people think that thunderwear carry will make you look like you are hung like a donkey but that's only the case when you sit down and your pants stretch around the dust cover of the pistol, pulling tight against your upper thigh. I don't mind this, and I think it helps but that means I have to sit down all day...or roll around all day in my office chair.

What do you gentlemen do for carry that allows you to still maintain your masculine outline?

What I do is not give a fxck. Men that worry how they look are borderline metrosexual.....hey...you called yourself slim, sexy and man pretty......your gonna take some shxt for that!

What I do is not give a fxck. Men that worry how they look are borderline metrosexual.....hey...you called yourself slim, sexy and man pretty......your gonna take some shxt for that!

When you stop caring what you look like, you might end up with some sort of female woodchuck looking thing as a significant other.
Just a thought.

When you stop caring what you look like, you might end up with some sort of female woodchuck looking thing as a significant other.
Just a thought.

hahahahahahaha another win for the books! Dude this thread owns

I think what you should do is go to the gym at lunch and stay away from the carbs. You know Jessie likes a lean man and there you are Mr. A.C. Slater letting Zack Morris steal your chick away while he carries a S&W B380 in his trapper keeper. On second thought just carry it in your trapper keeper.

You can always ankle carry but you may end up with a mankle.

Easily a contender for the carrying in the head thread when the dust settles...

Did you seriously just ask us if your gun makes you look fat? [laugh]

No, I didn't ask. It does make me look fat.
I think I'm going to forego the T tonight and just jog the F home from Boston.

Man, you made my day! The drawing is priceless.

I have no advice. My 239 rides at 4 o'clock, and doesn't add to my hips. I wear it deep in a Comtac Minotaur. The 229 (double stack) is too wide for my 34 in waist, I think. I do scoot the holster around a little past 4, so maybe that helps.

If you carry between your butt cheeks with the trigger guard toward you I think you'll find the shape of the pistol contours nicely to your body and gets rid of the fat hips problem...

Just don't fart too hard or you might have a ND...

move the IWB holster to 5-6 o'clock.with the ladies. I do this.. and it works well. I'm 5'11" 215lbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom