• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

HANSON MG SHOOT & GUN SHOW, May 27 & 28

Scrivener said:
Where were you? I saw women at the table where I paid for my mags, but none loading.
Were you renting from the area all the way to the left? If so, I was there from 7:30 am to around 5 pm yesterday. Unless I was in the potty. Oh well.
Next time!

And for anyone who didn't go, but wanted to, unless you absolutely 100% could not get coverage for work, there is no excuse for you to have missed this... Unforgivable [wink]

Were you renting from the area all the way to the left? If so, I was there from 7:30 am to around 5 pm yesterday.

I was indeed. I was there with my father-in-law; I shot the Tommy gun and 1919; he shot the MP5. Bet you took our money.

Just like a woman........................

SiameseRat said:
Were you renting from the area all the way to the left? If so, I was there from 7:30 am to around 5 pm yesterday. Unless I was in the potty. Oh well.
Next time!
[wink]

That's the lane I rented from today.

Were you the one collecting money today or were you under the canopy stuffing mags?

I shot one mag each in the AK-47, M1-A1 Thompson and HK UMP... fastest $50.00 I ever went through [smile].

The first one in was actually a scout car with a "machine gun" cobbled together from what looked like a 1919 receiver welded to an M2 cooling shroud and some pipe for a barrel in a ring mount. The second vehicle, which came in a minute or two later, was a Stuart tank.

My terminology, not his. He knew what they were.

I showed up on Saturday, probably around 10:30 or so. I had my girlfriend's two kids with me, who were superb. Made a few trips back and forth from the range to the clubhouse. Checked out the few dealers downstairs (two of which are my friends) Looked at a 52C I've been thinking about (again!)
I enjoyed myself and stayed till close to 2pm. My only regret was I didn't buy a machine gun shoot tee shirt for each of the kids to wear to school on Tuesday.
Scott

Scrivener said:
The first one in was actually a scout car with a "machine gun" cobbled together from what looked like a 1919 receiver welded to an M2 cooling shroud and some pipe for a barrel in a ring mount.

The gun on the scout car was set up as a device to make a bang. It was set up to be charged with flamible gas and ignited to make a bang so was the m-5 stewart gun. Though they have a M-24 chaffie that has a live gun on it.

LoginName said:
That's the lane I rented from today.

Were you the one collecting money today or were you under the canopy stuffing mags?

I shot one mag each in the AK-47, M1-A1 Thompson and HK UMP... fastest $50.00 I ever went through [smile].
mag stuffing. Despite the managerial end telling us things went well, I had a lot of down time. Though at the end of the day I shot the M16, a lot. And the P90, the Krinkov, HK 51, Madsen (sp?) umm, that might be it. I was tired, and I was too busy watching them set up the double mini guns to realize that they were calling 10 minutes.

But I had fun, it looked like people renting had fun. Machine guns are the bomb diggity.

trigger said:
The gun on the scout car was set up as a device to make a bang. It was set up to be charged with flamible gas and ignited to make a bang so was the m-5 stewart gun. Though they have a M-24 chaffie that has a live gun on it.
sorry forgot not on the chaffe but on the other scout car has a live gun.

If any of you guys entered the line area from the far right as you are facing the vans, that was my position as a range officer. It was me checking for line passes before you approached the line. Wish I'd thought to post something to ID myself, but didn't think of it. Sorry I didn't meet any of you.

I thought it was a really fun shoot, and Trigger and Securityboy deserve a big THANK YOU for doing a great job!

On Saturday, I shot an S&W Model 76 that one of the guys with the tank people had. Then, on Sunday I shot a couple of mags from a Sten, a shorty M-16, that really loud 7.62 H&K 51 belt fed, and Trigger's Micro-Uzi. Big fun!!!!! [smile]

If anyone still wants the Machine Gun Shoot T-Shirts, they are available at the clubhouse on Sunday mornings. Our kitchen is open on Sundays until about noon serving a very reasonably priced and good breakfast and they have the "country store" open too, and I know there were plenty of T-shirt left over, so stop on in and grab one, if for no other reason than to shock the sheeple. [wink]

RebelGT said:
anyone get any good pics?

I just got some pics Fwd'd to me. I don't know all of the people in the shots, so hopefully they won't mind me posting them up.

A pile of byootiful machine guns:

9c74re2.jpg

The group of guys I was working with from left to right, Jay, Mike, Carl (owner #1), Me [smile], Jim, hiding Patrick, Jim, Joel and Dominick (owner #2)

8ab0re2.jpg

Carl's girlfriend Beth firing her first belt fed MG. (She was on ticket detail all weekend and deserved a break!)

2c77re2.jpg

You know, I needed a break too. And you can tell it's full auto from the 3 cases flying through the air [laugh]

702fre2.jpg

And then Mike needed a break so he fired 1000 rounds from the mini gun! Holy crap was that loud.

6502re2.jpg

But Mike had to give up the mini gun so that this guy could shoot it too.

8289re2.jpg

Speaking of mini guns:

47edre2.jpg

Then it was back to work for us:

3956re2.jpg

So that other people could have a turn with the guns:

7654re2.jpg

5cfdre2.jpg

627ere2.jpg

faa4re2.jpg

Carl says, "ok, let's get outta here, and we'll see you next year!"
a729re2.jpg

And I can't figure out why the pics aren't posting. I used img /img not url. So if any of the mods can figure out why a link is coming up instead of the pics and fixt it for me, that'd be cool!

Hope you like the pics!

Foop,
Its a video. Was an *.avi file (1.3mb) I posted on photo-
bucket. You might need MacroMedia Flash to play it.
A guy behind me said, "Sounds like angry bees".

Fooped said:
Greycar,

Can't see the pic. I can see the "Hanson Mini-gun" header, but not the pic.

Hey Trigger,

Didn't know you frequented this place as well. Glad to hear the shoot went off well [ that means safe [smile] ].

I must know some of these guys posting from the club, but would never figure it out by screen names. If I had not been holding court in Knoxville, I would have really enjoyed being back and seeing all the faces I haven't seen since moving to the free state of Arizona.

Stay sharp

Brownie

Back
Top Bottom