Hanson Gun Show?

Garys

NES Member
A coworker mentioned a gun show at the Hanson Rod and Gun Club in May. I seem to remember a machine gun shoot there, but is there also a gun show?

Gary

IIRC, from past years as well as the story in The Message, there is usually a few dealers in the main club house up on the hill while the full auto shoot is going on down below on the big range.

Read the Hanson Club news letter in your copy of The Outdoor Message.

Hope that helps,

IIRC, from past years as well as the story in The Message, there is usually a few dealers in the main club house up on the hill while the full auto shoot is going on down below on the big range.

Read the Hanson Club news letter in your copy of The Outdoor Message.

Hope that helps,

It does, thanks.

Gary

The Machine Gun Shoot is scheduled for Saturday May 25th 9:00am-4:00pm and then Sunday May 26th 12:00pm-4:00pm.
I have been told they are suppose to have a couple different reps from different gun companies present in the main meeting room on Saturday. I have been to a few of these and even if you don't participate in the shoot its still pretty cool to watch all the different weapons being fired and of course there are plenty of "know it alls" to talk to if you have questions about anything.[rofl]

I am going down with a good friend of mine and helping him run his line. He will have all kinds of goodies. I may bring my AC-556K and MAC 10 too and rent those out. Not sure I will bring mine as I hate beating on my only 2 Automatic weapons but I will be there helping John run his line.
should be a good time. It always is. [grin]

Rob

will be there

A coworker mentioned a gun show at the Hanson Rod and Gun Club in May. I seem to remember a machine gun shoot there, but is there also a gun show?

Gary

always wanted to try a 50 cal bmg ; maybe they will have a semi or bolt gun there also. [smile]

always wanted to try a 50 cal bmg

I'm pretty sure that there won't be any 50 BMG's there. I've been the last few years and don't recall one. I believe it has something to do with the potential of ricochets if I remember correctly. There is a minigun or two that never fails to give me goosebumps that I could hear from my house in East Bridgewater.

Last edited:
There is a similar thread down in the clubs section figured I would cross post my "answer"...

OK let me do my best to answer a few questions. (for those of you who don't know I have been part of running this shoot for the past 3 years, but due to changes w/ my real job, this year I only deal w/ arrainging the MG owners) So I can answer those types of questions...

#1. Go to www.hansonshoot.com for all the info you migh need...
#2. Yes it is a 2 day shoot Memorial Day weekend, (3 years ago when I started running the shoot we changed it from a 1 day event to the current 2 day event) This is about the 15th or so year Hanson has held a shoot...
#3. There are 20 line possitions almost all of them allow the public to shoot thier guns (for a fee of course) expect several hundred MG's to be available, as with years past there are typically 3 mini guns on the line.
#4. There are NO .50 BMG's the line to berm distance is simply to short to safely handle them.
#5. Addmission is $10, prices of the "rentals" is between you and the gun owners...
#6. The club ussually also runs a membership drive that weekend with discounted rates, and there are ussually a few venders around (ie small gunshow).
#7. If you want to shoot you must be 21 or older (hanson town bylaw, not our rule) but they ussual have an airsoft course set up by the club house for "kids"
#8. on saturday during the lunch break we expect to have the annual demo by a Police SWAT team, and sunday befor the main shoot starts there is a suppressor demonstration...

Again check out www.hansonshoot.com for more info, sorry if I haven't been on the boards more answering this years batch of questions, been a little busy...

But come and enjoy it Memorial Day weekend

the hanson site wont load, but when I went to it wensday it said under parking your not suppose to park at the range, its reserved for handicap and motorcycles, and of course someone stole my lifetime handicap pass. They said parking on main street and taking a shuttle?

Loads fine for me.

Parking: There is limited public parking on the club property which will be used for handicapped and motorcycle parking. Additional public parking is available at the Hanson MBTA Rail Station on Main Street (Rte. 27), a short distance from the club.
Shuttle: A free shuttle bus will run from the rail station to the club from the shoot opening to one hour after closing.

Rail: The Hanson rail station is located on the Plymouth / Kingston MBTA line and is easily accessible from Boston's South Station. Schedule and fare information is available at www.mbta.com.

Thats odd. When I went a few years ago, there was plenty of parking available.

There is a membership drive this weekend at the Hanson club. You get a decent discount if you apply and pay this weekend.

Well back from Hanson....

Great weekend...

got to see some GREAT people and visit some old friends....

I love watching people that never fired a MG walk away from the line like a little kid at Christmas... Its Great to see that. Lots of happy people...

I brought my MAC 10 .45 and my Ruger AC556K. My buddies that were in my group had all their toys.... Uzis, M16s, H&K 51, Browning 1919, AK47, Stens, G3 and all else in between. We all made a hellova racket......

boy do I have a headace...... but it was for a good cause... [rofl][rofl]

Yup my sentiments exactly Rob it was great meeting you. Great to see new faces behind the line. And hope you'll become a perminent fixture there at the shoot and you are welcome back anytime. This shoot has almost become like a family reunion once a year for alot of the NFA guys. Now all I can do is wait for October and Westfield. I guess now we'll have to locate a registered bolt for your UZI pistol.[smile] Don't worry I have the rest of the parts you need except for the stock but Greg should have that. Later at Westfield Trigger

As Ive always said it's all about the toys.. Greg realy did a nice job desiging those Carlson compensators man those things realy do the trick and all those other accesories that he has developed can't wait till he has them available. Kodos Greg way to go. Trigger[rockon][party]

I could not believe the "controllability" of his M16 with that comp on there.

He let me dump a few mags from it and on Full Auto you could just dump the whole thing and there was 0% kick. FA dump with a 30 rounder and you were RIGHT ON TARGET for the whole thing. UNREAL!!!! I normally dont have any problems controlling a FA 5.56 but that was crazy.
awesome set up he has.

Rob

trigger, ateamrob,

You guys were great, I had an AWSOME time. Please pass the word on the CARLSON COMPENSATORS, as you guys (and several others) can atest to they DO work. They are also available for several different cals./weapons. They can also be threaded to any thread pitch that you require. Call Sam@ Practical Solutions, 1-410-404-0320.

Thanks, Greg

Back
Top Bottom