Handguns?

This would be the place !

I only have one military 'style' handgun and that's a 1911a1 by AutoOrdnance. My Dad has a real Nazi P38 that will be mine one of these days. Actually we were looking at it today and I could see the question in his eyes, "Should I give it to him today?". He slowly put it away, with the look still on him . I guess he's not quite ready yet. He's 81 and I won't ask.

Someday I hope to get a 'real' GI .45 to go with the rest of my GI stuff.

1911a1.jpg

My only "C&R" handgun. Walther P38 AC44. Vet bring back, got it from the vet himself. All matching and an original box of ammo that came with it. It was given to me wrapped in the cammo (background) parachute material. Was stored that way in his attic for 50 plus years.
p38.jpg

JonJ... very nice!! The history that Walther has! I am a collector of other items from Germany...mines (inert), money, shell cases, propaganda book's... the list is too much.. Any how, thanks for sharing the image.

JonJ that is a Beauty!!! what a prize! Have you shot it yet?? i had one years ago and got rid of it Yea i know but everyone has dumped stuff and regreted
it later! That list is to long! way toooooooo long! im sure everyone knows what i mean!! again Good Find,

Sheriff Dudley aka AL

I've got a 1911A1 I built, all USGI parts except rear sight, safety, trigger and frame. Also have the 1917 Colt, a Nagant Revolver and the latest acquisition is an M9 Beretta.

I was just browsing jouster.com and came across this:

http://www.jouster.com/cgi-bin/pistol/pistol.pl?read=14389

picture.JPG

"This poor relic was found in a barn that was being demolished,AARRRRRGGG. It was between two wall panels..

It would have to be a US&S, again AARRRRGGGG..

Now the good news. It was well lubricated internally and is fully functional... The gent that I got it from has fired it...... Hmmmm, maybe I should put it on Auction Arms as:

"LIGHT HOLSTER WEAR OTHERWISE ALL ORIGINAL AND COMPLETE" "

I have a new Auto-Ordnace Army WW2 copy 1911a1 in 45acp that i picked up at one of my local dealers for $389 and its flawless what an awesome pistol. We put over 250rds thru it the first day out and it cycled and performed flawlessly. I did install the full length guide rod kit w/18# recoil spring from sportsmans guide. It seems to handle the 45acp wolf ammo better than the orginal 16# spring.

There is no reason not to have a Russian Nagant right now with them so cheap. I see tokarev's time to time selling for $149/$179 which is a good price because the normal price lately is between $300 to $850 depending on how rare it is like no import mark and no safety lever. I think that any affordable tok is a buy and shouldn't be passed up. Time to time i see the Astra 400/9mm largo and the 600/43 in 9mm para too.Right now there are still some star pistols, some walther p38's and other CZ's still being offered right now too from that company about 1/3 away from us across the country too. Some of these pistols are very affordable right now and quite a steal depending on what you want too. I kind of let the C&R GODS guide us and how much green lettuce I have in my wallet guide me though the world of collecting C&R's but for handguns right now some are like the mosin rifles the market is flooded with them. Don't forget to use the plastic too.(kidding)

Right now the collectors/shooters have had it made the past decade and a half because the surplup supply has been there and the availability of surplus ammo has been great the past 15 years or so.I can think back we had surplus rifles but the surplus ammo was scarce and if you did find it, it was priced thru the roof. I can remember seeing the 8mm surplus that was very expensive too. Trust me the past years have been surplus heaven for us and the past years the surplus GODS have been good to us too. I think the surplus market is just about peaked right now and the down trend is starting to happen. I don't know what the future of collecting/shooting will be but we still have it good right now and take advantage of it too. Don't let this point in time slip by us because someday in the near future we will look back at these times as the great times, the times we can remember as the good old days are soon upon us. My point is to enjoy it now before its gone because time goes by so fast. We have some cool handguns being offered right now.

JonJ said:
My only "C&R" handgun. Walther P38 AC44. Vet bring back, got it from the vet himself. All matching and an original box of ammo that came with it. It was given to me wrapped in the cammo (background) parachute material. Was stored that way in his attic for 50 plus years.
crfriend has a P38 that he got from his dad. He's looking for a couple more mags for it so he can shoot IDPA with it. [smile] I've shot it at Riverside... it's a nice shooter.

Ross,

No idea if these are good or bad or whether Midway will even ship 8-rd P38 mags into MA, but here's what they have for sale (price is for C&R FFL):

ProMag - P/N 174-454 - $12.29

Cross-X said:
ProMag????

You can't be serious!

I can be serious when it is the only P-38 mag listed by Midway!

I have read both pro and con wrt the quality of ProMag mags. I have no first-hand knowledge, so I throw the info out there but make no recommendations.

BigBill said:
I see tokarev's time to time selling for $149/$179 which is a good price because the normal price lately is between $300 to $850 depending on how rare it is like no import mark and no safety lever. I think that any affordable tok is a buy and shouldn't be passed up.

If you see any affordable real Tokarevs around let me know. [smile]

Back
Top Bottom