Had my LTC renewal interview today.

stoneypete

NES Member
Sgt told me it should be here withing 10 to 14 days. My Dad's took exactly 14 days so he may be right on. I hope so.

The wait begins.

I live in New York which is a nasty place for gun owners But we don't have to have an interview for renewals. Once the permit is issued it's for life. Unless, of course, the holder commits a felony. Then it's SOL time.

Isnt this in violation of MGL's?
I thought they couldn't require anything above and beyond the application itself? I thought goal was busting down on these kinds of abuses?
since when does a tax paying US citizen need to pass an interview to partake in the United States constitution?

What's next? Interviews for issuing class b restricted free speech permits?

Last edited:
Isnt this in violation of MGL's?
I thought they couldn't require anything above and beyond the application itself? I thought goal was busting down on these kinds of abuses?
since when does a tax paying US citizen need to pass an interview to partake in the United States constitution?

What's next? Interviews for issuing class b restricted free speech permits?

Additional requirement info needed

Last edited:
14 days for me after the interview with the PD.
Of course after submitting the renewal and waiting 4 weeks not hearing from the PD I called to check the status. Oh we have it right here when do you want to come in. I'd like to know why they didn't notify me earlier to come in. Then it was only 14 days from this SH state. But the strange thing is I had to go to the PD and pick up the new LTC and I had to sign for it (everyone else I know from other towns got theirs mailed to them). Another strange thing is I got a different license number and a different PIN.
What a joke

14 days for me after the interview with the PD.
Of course after submitting the renewal and waiting 4 weeks not hearing from the PD I called to check the status. Oh we have it right here when do you want to come in. I'd like to know why they didn't notify me earlier to come in. Then it was only 14 days from this SH state. But the strange thing is I had to go to the PD and pick up the new LTC and I had to sign for it (everyone else I know from other towns got theirs mailed to them). Another strange thing is I got a different license number and a different PIN.
What a joke

naw, I had to go pick mine up in person in Attleboro, and I had to sign the card in front of the issuing officer. No biggie to me, It guaranteed it didnt get lost in the mail, heh.

Back
Top Bottom