Had Lunch in Tombstone Today!!

Went to the crystal palace, had a good meal ran into some kid there from Southie as well, AND on top of that he moved to Abington when he was 12, lived right next door more or less for a while....so yeah I had Half Rack of Ribs, salad, hot wings, a glass of Sierra Nevada and a nice Heffeweizen brew they had. I took a walk down the strip noting the nice costumes horses everywhere lots of tourists, went to a shooting gallery where they had 44 rem mags loaded with the primers and paint balls. I shot alright. Then there was the pawn shop next door.... Which lead to dessert, so I munched down a Rock Island Armory 1911 I know bad Impulse buy....
All said an done lunch with the Gun was Under 400 bucks.
$340 got me the gun/Rug/3 mags and almost 100Rnds.
Sometimes there's offers you can't refuse.... I blame the beer for this Impulse Buy!!![devil] [laugh2][rofl] [cheers]
And here I was thinking that my Group buy was going to be my first 1911...
There's a smidge of holster wear on the frame an slide but other than that its in great condition!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10448595@N08/sets/72157611858348502/

Last edited:
I visited Tombstone back in 2002. I stayed at ...hmm, the Golden Nugget? It's across from the Birdcage Theater. It was an awesome trip. I was there for the anniversary of the shootout. I saw the reenactment 3 or 4 times while I was there, and I met this little boy named Wyatt whose father was one of the reenactors.
Good times!

Enjoy your trip.

Already Enjoyed it as I got another sidearm to play with now! [smile]
Sadly I'm relocated here from the NE for work, Border Partol. So it might be a long trip..... well here's hoping anyway!!

AZ isn't that bad a place to be relocated to, is it? I think I'd be happy there. Then again, I don't like the snow up here, so I'd like it pretty much anywhere south of here where it doesn't snow.
I still hope you enjoy your time near Tombstone. I visited Bisbee when I was there - it's an old mining town with an amazing old hotel you can have lunch at. I also went down into the mine on a tour. That was cool too.

Back
Top Bottom