Guns you passed up and regret

Traded in a 45+ year old Browing 16 ga shotgun as patial payment on a Ruger P345. The Browing was pretty beat up as it was my waterfoul gun but functioned prefectly. DID NOT trade my Browing Sweet 16, taking that one to the grave.

I can't remember how many M1 Carbine M1A1's I picked up and said "Who would pay $400 for one of these rattley pieces of crap". I also passed on 4 or 5 International Harvester M1's at $400- $450 because I wanted a Springfield. I even recently passed on one for $800. I went back a day later and it was gone.

Too many guns to list.

And ammo..... holy crap! If I had just invested in the $80 1000-round boxes of 7.2x39 from a few years ago, I could have retired by now.
No kidding USMA-82. My biggest regret is passing on ammo when I had the extra cash.

Another +1 on ammo! $90 cases of 7.62x39 and $24 140-round battlepacks of SA .308 that I didn't buy because they were "too heavy" to lug around the show.

There was this $400 Polytech M14S that I must have seen at 3-4 shows and mocked every time. USGI parts on a Chicom receiver. Now they're $1300
[crying]

Colt SS Series 70, all factory parts for about 570.00, Later found a Series 80 in blue and had issues for 400.00, snagged that one due to the first one missed

When I first got here (1991) I went to one of the West Springfield gun shows and saw a Barrett .50 (I seem to recall that it was the bolt action magazine model (M82?). It was priced at around $2,995.00.

[crying]

Wish I bought lots of things when I still lived in AZ, but a Cpl's salary and a new baby girl forced me into sell mode vs. buy mode.

(She's worth it, just don't tell her that. [wink])

Passed on a Barrett a couple months back. It wasn't really a great deal, but the price was right, and I had the money. It was gone a couple weeks later...and so was the money.

Nothing in particular, but prior to moving to MA from PA, I was considering buying a handful of guns that weren't on the list (XDs, Glocks, etc) as "investments." Sadly, I was flat broke (my first paycheck in MA came when both my credit cards were maxed, my bank account had 5 bucks in it, and my bills were due...), so I didn't end up going for it. Oh well...

Gun I sold and regretted. A Colt Officers ACP .45 in stainless for $350 about 15-20 years ago. The only gun I ever sold and have regretted it ever since.

Back
Top Bottom