Gun Violence report in the hands of DeLeo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deleo just said that the D's said he (Deleo) need to get Peterson on board before they would be on board for this BS of a bill

Ok got ya. However, when this all started today the rewritten bill was much better off then the original bill was correct? I mean we don't have 1 gun a month purchase restriction, we still have FTF transferes, we keep the 2 year misdemeanor clause instead of the 1 year that they wanted. We now have GOAL an active 2a organization seated at the table that will help open the eyes of the idiots and lastly they now have to establish a set of suitability standards instead of saying "eh, his hair is too long, denied!" So it's not a win but it's an unfortunate compromise.

Had this been tabled it may have given the anti's more time to build an arsenal for the next go round.

And now if I'm understanding this correctly it goes to the senate where it has a much better chance of being thrown out. Correct? At least this is what I got from the posts here on the giant circle jerk.

The anti's are single minded stupid ppl. They saw today what happened and because it took so long for the results, their ADHD kicked in and they are now worrying about how many children in china are making an iPhone.

So let's get on the phones, again and do what we do best.

Ma LTC-A
GOAL Member

You might be correct, I'd still need to wade through the detail.

DeLeo is up now saying we're seeing 'more and more gun violence'. But we're NOT!
Of course it's increasing; that's the argument we've been using saying that the 1998 bill increased violence. We need to be consistent in our arguments. lol
Better a circle jerk than an ass rape like NY, CT and MD.
WOO HOO!!!!!! Great bill (considering this is the Commonwealth) for gun owners! These other guys just don't seem to understand what we just avoided and what we got. We got some fixes to the BS licensing scheme, we didn't get any material changes to FTF sales, we didn't get one gun a month, we didn't get the 1 year prohibition, we didn't give the AG super powers over the gun roster.

We may have even gotten rid of blanket policies of restrictions.

All of this would have become law without NES.

Well. Whether we like it or not it was going to pass. Big Thanks to GOAL and it's members for making it a smaller pill to swallow.
NES. Don't forget Derek!!!

I'm surprised it was stripped down to almost nothing before it passed. They would have had the votes to pass it as-is but even establishment dems didn't want to have to face more angry emails and calls.

No time to stop now. I'll let my senator get an earful and send another thank you to Naughton with a receipt to Brad Wyatt's campaign

+1.5

That's my reading. In fact, MA gun owners might be ever so slightly better off than before this bill.
Seems so!

Call it what yo want. The bill was passing anyhow and GOAL fixed a few things in it. They could of just bitched about it and let it pass as drafted and at least you would be happy.

More than a few things!

Ok got ya. However, when this all started today the rewritten bill was much better off then the original bill was correct? I mean we don't have 1 gun a month purchase restriction, we still have FTF transferes, we keep the 2 year misdemeanor clause instead of the 1 year that they wanted. We now have GOAL an active 2a organization seated at the table that will help open the eyes of the idiots and lastly they now have to establish a set of suitability standards instead of saying "eh, his hair is too long, denied!" So it's not a win but it's an unfortunate compromise.

Had this been tabled it may have given the anti's more time to build an arsenal for the next go round.

And now if I'm understanding this correctly it goes to the senate where it has a much better chance of being thrown out. Correct? At least this is what I got from the posts here on the giant circle jerk.

The anti's are single minded stupid ppl. They saw today what happened and because it took so long for the results, their ADHD kicked in and they are now worrying about how many children in china are making an iPhone.

So let's get on the phones, again and do what we do best.

Ma LTC-A
GOAL Member
I remeber sitting down with my Dad talking about the AWB my dad said this bill is better then the other one

Standing on the graves of dead children, the totalitarian Statist legislators usurped the natural rights of MA citizens and empowered agentz of the state to arbitrarily oppress the citizens at their whim. The Governor now has the power to direct his COP to declare every legal gun owner unsuitable, revoke their license, and demand surrender of their firearms or become enemies of the State.

Are we that far crom such a dystopia?

Please look I,m older then dirt I remember Peterson and Jim from GOAL selling us out with AWB so please

Which AWB?

The 98 version, or the 04 version?

Even if an AWB wasn't included in the 98 C. 140 legislation, we still got steamrolled 10x more than we would have with H.4278

as currently engrossed.

04?

Wouldn't have made a lick of difference if it was passed or not... we still would have had an AWB to contend with.

Regardless... the same rules apply.

Time to start hammering senators:

- FID cards shall issue
- School property carrying arrest-able (huge net cast here, you cross an invisible property line and you lose your rights) - Is that still in there?
- Repeal AWB! (dreaming still... I know).

What else? Is everything else that was really bad is gone, no?

Last edited:
ha! I was just about to use those very words. It's all a liberal circlejerk. Basically MA saying to the rest of the states, "look at me, look at me, teeheehee!"
No, it's a political circle-jerk. Everybody got to claim credit for something and nothing really changed (BTW, I don't care about the FID suitability thing. Your 2A rights are not bound to an FID, they're bound to the LTC)

Better a circle jerk than an ass rape like NY, CT and MD.
That was McNaughton's point.

Peterson deserves credit for getting this thing derailed. Something was going to pass, the Speaker was NOT going to go down in flames. Peterson gave him a way out. If I have the opportunity to meet him again I'll probable kiss him full-on the lips.

Anyone recall him scolding the shit out of the pro gun people at the statehouse hearing in september when we cheered for someone presenting an absolute slam dunk fact?

Pretty sure that was Naughton actually.

Peterson deserves credit for getting this thing derailed. Something was going to pass, the Speaker was NOT going to go down in flames. Peterson gave him a way out. If I have the opportunity to meet him again I'll probable kiss him full-on the lips.
I thought this had discretionary FID's?

It does, and that's the worst part of the bill. On the brighter side, the suitability stuff is defined in the law and chiefs are forced to detail reasons for denials, revocations, restrictions, etc. in writing, all of which are subject to judicial review. Granted it's still a MA judge but at least there's some due process.

Getting worked up over discretionary FIDs is like a slave getting objecting to being whipped on Sunday. It's not the point. The ability to exercise the Second Amendment in Massachusetts is tied to the LTC - NOT the FID card.

ETA: and honestly, it's better to have the two licenses on the same page. That makes it harder for the state to say someone qualifies for an FID card instead of the LTC they want.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom