• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun-Toting Soccer Mom, Husband Shot Dead

Reptile

NES Member
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,562102,00.html?test=latestnews

LEBANON, Pennsylvania — A soccer mom who gained national attention when she openly carried a loaded gun to her 5-year-old daughter's game was shot dead Wednesday along with her husband in what appeared to be a murder-suicide, police said.

Meleanie Hain and Scott Hain were pronounced dead Wednesday night at their home in Lebanon, a small city about 80 miles west of Philadelphia.

The couple's three children were home at the time but weren't hurt, police said. They were taken to stay with friends and relatives.

Meleanie Hain, 31, and Scott Hain, 33, had been having marital problems for about a week, neighbor Mark Long said. Scott Hain had left the couple's home on Tuesday, and Meleanie Hain didn't know where he was, but he returned Wednesday, Long said.

Autopsies on the Hains were to be conducted Thursday, coroner Dr. Jeffrey Yocum said.

Meleanie Hain made headlines after she attended a children's soccer game in a park on Sept. 11, 2008, with a handgun in plain view holstered on her hip, upsetting other parents.

The county sheriff, Michael DeLeo, revoked her gun-carrying permit nine days later.

Hain successfully appealed the permit revocation, although the judge who restored the permit questioned her judgment and said she had "scared the devil" out of other people at the game.

Hain sued DeLeo in federal court, alleging that he violated her constitutional rights and prosecuted her maliciously when he took the permit away. She said that because of his actions her baby-sitting service had suffered, her children had been harassed and she had been ostracized by her neighbors in Lebanon, which has about 25,000 residents.

DeLeo said at Hain's appeal that he revoked her permit after fielding the parents' complaints. He said he based his decision on a state law that prohibits certain gun permits from being given to anyone whose character and reputation make him or her a danger to public safety.

After Hain sued DeLeo, the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence, which says it tries to reform the gun industry through sensible regulations, offered to defend him for free.

"It is a case that calls out for common sense," Brady Center attorney Daniel Vice said then. "It's ridiculous to bring a gun to a child's soccer game."

A court hearing on Hain's $1 million lawsuit was postponed in May after an attorney in the case was involved in a traffic accident.

-----

Don't be a postergirl/boy if you can't take the heat.

I am by no means a conspiracy theorist, but something in the air on this one is a little stinky....

I couldn't fathom killing, yes, but more over your spouse with your kids in the house!! Why to give your kids a chance at life...[thinking]

huh? [thinking]

Ugh... Whatever the truth, as others have said, we will be beaten about the head with it by the antis...

On the bright side, people seem to have become numb to the Brady Campaign's media blitz this year.

My sympathies go out to the children regardless of why/what really happened...

huh? [thinking]

Ugh... Whatever the truth, as others have said, we will be beaten about the head with it by the antis...

On the bright side, people seem to have become numb to the Brady Campaign's media blitz this year.

My sympathies go out to the children regardless of why/what really happened...

Unless the turth is that Brady Campaign financed 911 truthers committed these murders, which is entirely possible to fuel their agenda. And by that I mean a professionally orchestrated hit from the Obama White House.

I am by no means a conspiracy theorist, but something in the air on this one is a little stinky....

I couldn't fathom killing, yes, but more over your spouse with your kids in the house!! Why to give your kids a chance at life...[thinking]
Last week, in Mt. Airy, MD, an unemployed guy who was struggling financially decided to end it all with a 12-gauge shotgun. He shot his wife and kids dead, then turned the gun on himself. Again, more fuel for the antis. Washington DC is only about an hour or so away from that place.

If it had to happen, that was the better of the two outcomes PR wise. The details will be interesting. For someone who was a open carry rights activist, was she armed, disarmed by him, etc?

Or she wasn't expecting to get popped by her husband? Ambushes happen.

If it had to happen, that was the better of the two outcomes PR wise. The details will be interesting. For someone who was a open carry rights activist, was she armed, disarmed by him, etc?

May have been heat of the moment? The kids saw it go down.

Several neighbors said they heard or saw the couple's children run from the house screaming, "Daddy shot Mommy!" shortly before the 911 Center was called at 6:20 p.m.

Source

Source

Comment on that article. The moonbats are already dancing over the dead bodies.

mombasedinreality said:
Hahaha! I knew I saw a death by gunshot in this dumb bitch's future! What ignorant redneck takes a handgun to a child's soccer game?! A disturbed one! And don't give me that crap about her constitutional rights. She did it for the attention. People should have to take a competency test to be allowed to carry a handgun. Then we wouldn't have crazy attention whores like her walking around with deadly weapons. I feel sorry for the poor child (or children) raised by these idiots. I have no sympathy for the parents themselves. They were obviously mentally unstable! Good riddance! 2 morons down, a few million more to go! Oh, & for all you whining idiots who lack common sense & don't like this post: you obviously belong in the "people the world would be better off without" category.

Source

Based on that quote, it appears that the kids may have saved their own life by running. Good for them. I really wish these control freak, emotionally stunted dipshits would just follow the right order. Kill themselves is step 1.

Mise said she had a feeling something bad would eventually happen at the Hain home.

"She just wasn't right," Mise said of Meleanie Hain. "You don't bring a gun to a kids' soccer game, and you don't wear a gun when you go shopping at Kohl's."

Apparently another dipshit. Her own biases caused her to think the woman was the problem but clearly she wasn't. [rolleyes]

My feelings exactly. Sheriff DeLeo made the right choice by revoking her LTC. The judge was wrong to restore it. With rights come responsibilities.
I'm sorry...what?? She's dead at the hands of an abusive husband, and the sheriff was right in revoking her LTC because...why?

What "responsibility" did she abrogate?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom