• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun Smiths Assemble lower reciever

If I have all the parts...are there any gunsmiths in MA that could put my full lower together? What should i expect to pay for this service?

where abouts in ma are you? only gunsmith i have personally dealt with is dave santurri in attleboro, good guy but you would have to call and ask him as i never have on the price but he lists the service on his site... btw its not that hard to do yourself!

http://www.santurriltd.com/ link to his site

Be careful who you deal with. A friend of mine bought a cheapo parts kit and couldn't assemble his AR. He went to a local gunsmith who charged him $250 to assemble the gun because tha parts had to be "hand fitted". The gunsmith should have told him that the parts were crap and just get some quality replacements. The other alternative would have been to buy the quality parts and assemble the AR for less money. Hand fitting the cheap parts was a rip off.

Several years later I decided to build an AR and my friend decided to try it again. I ordered most of the parts from Brownells and the build was accomplished with no problems and no "custom fitting" or at least not enough fitting to justify $250 in labor. My buddy was delighted with the AR and extremely pissed at the gunsmith that ripped him off. He had no idea how easily an AR could be built with quality parts.

Wow. $250?! Anyone who knows what they're doing and doesn't fart around can build a lower out in 30min or so.

I would just build it yourself. It's easy, and it's a nice skill to have.

Watch the videos on Brownells site if you're lost as to where to start/what to do. I think the URL is HowToBuildAnAR15.com

To answer your actual question, Precision Armament Werks in Franklin, MA will do the work for you, and Greg will not rip you off.

I'm no gunsmith, but I've put together a bunch of them. I'll show you how to do it for you for nothing. Where are you located?

Wow. $250?! Anyone who knows what they're doing and doesn't fart around can build a lower out in 30min or so.

I would just build it yourself. It's easy, and it's a nice skill to have.

Watch the videos on Brownells site if you're lost as to where to start/what to do. I think the URL is HowToBuildAnAR15.com

I don't really know what I'm doing (and even occasionally fart around) and I'm not the least bit worried about my upcoming build. There are plenty of resources online. Check out this page @ AR15.com:

http://www.ar15.com/content/guides/assembly/lower/

Building an AR is far less complicated than putting together a common gas grill.

Building it yourself also familiarizes you with the gun and how it works, what can fail, how to troubleshoot and how to remedy it. It also builds self confidence.

I recommend building it yourself, its a win, win, win, win, win situation.

Building an AR is far less complicated than putting together a common gas grill.

Building it yourself also familiarizes you with the gun and how it works, what can fail, how to troubleshoot and how to remedy it. It also builds self confidence.

I recommend building it yourself, its a win, win, win, win, win situation.

That is how I feel. I am in the lower group buy and have never assembled a lower before. I look forward to doing it for the first time. Lots of videos on youtube, ar-15 etc.. This way I will get a much better working knowledge of the gun. However, I will probably buy a fully assembled upper.

Same here, I'm in Burlington and always willing to help out a fellow shooter. I've got all the bits and bobs and tools and whatnot to build an AR15 so if you just show up with a box of parts, we can make it happen.

if you look around there are thousands of instructional resources for an AR lower build.

all you need are basic tools and patience.

the hardest part is finding the springs that tend to go flying, and they WILL go flying and you will spend time searching for them

I did mine in about 45 minutes.

Just don't build it while sitting on the couch on your coffee table. My couch ate a couple springs, and I sure as hell can't find them! One spring may have caused my dog Blinky to go blind in one eye (His name wasn't always Blinky)

Yup, I watched a video when I put together the first one. I think it took about 30min because I was taking my time.

I built my first lower following the instructions on AR15.com and it was simple anyone with any sort of mechanical skill can do it. actually it doesnt take very much mechanical skill.

Back
Top Bottom