• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Airsoft Gunsmithing help

EMTDAD

NES Member
Ok.. .posting for my 16 yo son... got a bee in his bonnet that he wanted to remove the orange plastic things on the muzzle with real(ish) muzzle devices. So he took my Dremel to the barrel of his $550 PKM airsoft gun to cut off the orange piece and f***ed up the threads. Now he can't screw on the new muzzle device. My guess is he needs the threads re-tapped but I don't have the tools, nor do I want to screw it up even more.

Anyone in the area have the capability to fix this for him the right way? and at a price a 16 yo can afford?

TIA.

That muzzle device is reverse threaded. Is he trying righty-tighty? If so, that may be the problem. You will need an airsoft specific MD as a replacement - the real steel bits in your spares box won't work.

If the threads are actually bad I don't know if you can fix that. Those threads are very shallow and on a very thin piece of pot metal. Your best bet may be to glue it on with silicone or similar if you can't clean up the threads that remain.

For his next gun you generally have to dip the red MD in boiling water for a couple of minutes to melt the existing glue then reverse thread unwind it.

Back
Top Bottom