• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Help with 5D lower

slap shot

NES Member
A friend bought some 5D lowers and I was going to let him borrow my jig. Its an Ares Armor that I picked up about 10 years ago and milled various Mfg lowers. Anyway, the 5D lowers don’t fit, too wide at the front. These are made to work with their $350 jif with a router. Anyone run into this and found a normally priced jig that fits? I know you can mill without the jig but I’d rather not on my tabletop unit.

pics of regular mil spec lower and 5D.

E3C891B3-6DDB-417D-8E56-B18FE32EFA23.jpeg 3F6ABB30-94FA-4F46-8486-5DE2552564EB.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks like a billet lower. They fattened up the mag area walls to accommodate a integrated flared magwell. By "integrated", I mean the flare is an interior bevel as opposed to a flared out (bell shape) of their forged lowers. The forged ones have the thinner, mil-spec walls. I would think this means you need their proprietary jig.

A friend bought some 5D lowers and I was going to let him borrow my jig. Its an Ares Armor that I picked up about 10 years ago and milled various Mfg lowers. Anyway, the 5D lowers don’t fit, too wide at the front. These are made to work with their $350 jif with a router. Anyone run into this and found a normally priced jig that fits? I know you can mill without the jig but I’d rather not on my tabletop unit.

pics of regular mil spec lower and 5D.

View attachment 474724View attachment 474725

I've got a 5D Pro Jig set up that you could use if that helps.

Back
Top Bottom