• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun Show This Weekend!

Salyeica

NES Member
Gun show this weekend in my new hometown. I'll report back on ammo pricing after my visit this afternoon. What would you be seeking out if you were attending?

Guns and Ammo. All kinds. Mainly milsurp in case I ever find one in the street. Otherwise, 5.56mm, .45 ACP, and 9mm.

I rarely look for deals on guns... ammo used to be good in case quantities, but I HIGHLY doubt that is still the case.

I'd be looking for parts that eat up shipping... either small or overly large.

Right now, I'd be looking for cleaning supplies, patches, rods, small AR parts like springs, gas tubes, grips. Maybe scope caps, scope covers.. that kind stuff.
Maybe hard cases that are expensive to ship.

I went to Marlboro a couple of times back in 09 maybe. I followed sksRay around and saw a guy with a folding two wheeler. He was scoping out any deal for bulk ammo. You have to love the dedication in the belief that deals were to be had. Not sure what he bought but it was his M.O. I ended up with 10k primers from Zenks (?), a bag of 5.56mm tracer bullets, and nothing more than a bit of jerky. DrGrant can elaborate, he had the two wheeler.
I don't need to go to a show for anything really and haven't been since the last one near Gillette Stadium.

I think one needs an agenda for shows now...looking for that long shot. or taking a break from the wife. I never go with high hopes of finding my target items but it did happen once.

Guns and Ammo. All kinds. Mainly milsurp in case I ever find one in the street. Otherwise, 5.56mm, .45 ACP, and 9mm.
5.56 is regularly available at Midway. Expecting a shipment today, reasonable at 80cents/round. I have been able to buy at least once a week from them.

I miss the shows I used to go to in the midwest in the 80s and 90s. More deals were done in the parking lot and the way to the venue than the actual show. Free parking and usually free admission to the show... or just a few bucks.

$4 to park and $8 to get in just to see bumber stickers, Nazi paraphernalia, beef jerky, endless boxes full of junk holsters, and $35,000 antique Winchester rifles.
Thats pretty much been my experience the last few times I went to a gun show.
Still better than nothing. I was more curious to see who’s there and what they’re offering, and if it was any different than last year's event. Show started at noon and the parking lot/convention floor had a distinct Saturday afternoon vibe to it at 12:15.

Pretty much.

I didn't scour all the ammo tables for pricing, just looked for popular calibers. The 75 year old boxes of 7mm Rem ammo were of no interest. Here's what I found:

9mm - $0.90 minimum
5.56 - $0.90 minimum, but most of what I saw was $1.10 or higher
45acp - as high as $1.60 (I had to do the math 4 times to make sure I was reading that right, but it was Remington "High Velocity," which I believe is a JHP round?)
300blk - $2.00-2.50
6.5CR -$4.50

Glock prices were decent, but most everything I saw looked like MSRP or higher. No street prices. Couple interesting things there, but I'm not paying "need" prices for things I only "want."
Especially when most everything I saw would have been less expensive to purchase online.

After I left the show I stopped my my local sporting goods store and picked up two boxes of Magtech 9mm for $15.99/box. Two box max per day, or I'd have grabbed more.

Pretty much.

I didn't scour all the ammo tables for pricing, just looked for popular calibers. The 75 year old boxes of 7mm Rem ammo were of no interest. Here's what I found:

9mm - $0.90 minimum
5.56 - $0.90 minimum, but most of what I saw was $1.10 or higher
45acp - as high as $1.60 (I had to do the math 4 times to make sure I was reading that right, but it was Remington "High Velocity," which I believe is a JHP round?)
300blk - $2.00-2.50
6.5CR -$4.50

Cosbys ammo or something? dayum.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiUj_pzCiAQ

Back
Top Bottom