• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun Sales Soar Among Asian Americans Who Fear Coronavirus-Related Attacks

Seems very rational to me. The news article did not say a word about what happened back at the LA riots. Asian store owners were targeted by looters and there was not even a scary virus to blame.

Yesterday after meeting at work about corona , one guy turn to me and said:d.. i will kill you if i ever get sick from corona virut. Our boss snap right back : that if he dont get you first. Being asian immigrant working out in small town kinnda suck sometime, but f..it, not like i have anywhere else to go lol. At least here on nes forum most peoples are good guys. I see dark days ahead for all of us, let not get too crazy over this shit people.

Yesterday after meeting at work about corona , one guy turn to me and said:d.. i will kill you if i ever get sick from corona virut. Our boss snap right back : that if he dont get you first. Being asian immigrant working out in small town kinnda suck sometime, but f..it, not like i have anywhere else to go lol. At least here on nes forum most peoples are good guys. I see dark days ahead for all of us, let not get too crazy over this shit people.

Dude’s behind the times. The biggest threat is no longer Chinese travelers, but rather people returning from Europe... or the asymptomatic kids of Biogen yuppies.

You should have your own sub forum with Mikey so we can read freak show shit in one area.

Awesome. So I guess I'll blame you too if I ever get it. Do electrons carry the virus?

The irony is thick here. Asian Americans are being stereotyped as coronavirus carriers, regardless if they've been to any hot zones of Coronavirus, to the point they feel they need to arm themselves. So stereotyping is bad, and your response is to post an Asian sterotype, even though it has nothing to do with the main article? Seems like you just took this opportunity to point out "haha...Asians = math nerds". Kind of a cheap shot, but whatever. Asians are the one race that it seems like all the other races deemed kosher to kick around. Not sure how that came about, but I see it every day.

For the record, I am Asian American and I failed trig in high school the first time. I'm not even sure I fully understand the core of the math joke above (isn't half pi 1.57?). Not particularly proud of that, but it just goes to show you that stereotypes aren't all true.

The irony is thick here. Asian Americans are being stereotyped as coronavirus carriers, regardless if they've been to any hot zones of Coronavirus, to the point they feel they need to arm themselves. So stereotyping is bad, and your response is to post an Asian sterotype, even though it has nothing to do with the main article? Seems like you just took this opportunity to point out "haha...Asians = math nerds". Kind of a cheap shot, but whatever. Asians are the one race that it seems like all the other races deemed kosher to kick around. Not sure how that came about, but I see it every day.

For the record, I am Asian American and I failed trig in high school the first time. I'm not even sure I fully understand the core of the math joke above (isn't half pi 1.57?). Not particularly proud of that, but it just goes to show you that stereotypes aren't all true.

I'm of German heritage, hello nazi jokes. I think I'd take accusations of being good at math and having a small penis over that.

I'm of German heritage, hello nazi jokes. I think I'd take accusations of being good at math and having a small penis over that.
There is nothing funny about being a German with a giant nuptial gift.

In fact, many female Asians would be terrified of the notion.

They can do the math.

it's funny how people become pro-gun when a crisis hits. But they continually vote for political candidates who choose to neuter 2A.
I was just thinking the same thing. Living in Utopia everybody thinks there is no need for any type of weapon. Doesn't take much though does it?

Imagine what this place would be like if we had to live like some folks did in Europe during WWII. You know, when they actually had breadlines. My parents grew up in that environment and they always told me that as bad as it was, everyone always acted civilized. You watch, all we need to happen is lose our cell service and people will lose their shit. Incredible.

You have my back, I have your back, simple as that.

it's funny how people become pro-gun when a crisis hits. But they continually vote for political candidates who choose to neuter 2A.

Yup, that's the norm.

Nothing like a good ass kicking and pistol whipping to convince someone to carry a gun. Why they continue to vote against their own best interests is insanity.

I get the point, but you're conflating ethnicity and race. I'm ethnically an American, but I'm racially Asian. Making a terrible Nazi joke at the expense of a person with German heritage is bad, but at the end of the day they know they are not really a Nazi. Hell, many Germans back during Nazi rule didn't consider themselves Nazis. But for me, a joke about an Asian person is a a joke about an Asian person. I'm Asian. Whether or not it pertains to me personally is besides the point. It's the stereotyping and continued stigma implied that perpetuates the notion that it's ok to say whatever about Asian people is what bothers me more than what is actually said. No other race would tolerate it to the extent it happens to Asians.

I've gone 43 years dealing with this. It mostly just rolls off my back now, but if I can at least throw in my 2 cents to maybe enlighten people about it, then I'll give it a go. I don't take it too seriously anymore. Most people with racial issues aren't worth the trouble anyway.

It's sad how dumb people are these days. Probably the same people that are avoiding Chinese food because of coronavirus.

It's sad how dumb people are these days. Probably the same people that are avoiding Chinese food because of coronavirus.
I’ve always liked Rush Limbaugh’s concept of the low information voter.

How Asian and Jewish American citizens and voters can be consistently anti-gun has always astonished me.

IF I were a member of one of these ethnic groups, I’d have 3 times the stuff I’ve stockpiled today.

Welcome to “wokeness”! Buy buy buy!

The Rodney King Riots in 1991-92??? in LA.... Anybody remember those? WHO had all the guns on the rooftops?? yup.......Asians.....They were prepared for the sheeeeit to hit the fan...They protected themselves from the Jungle down below on the streets....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom