Gun permit process in NY could include social media check

Reptile

NES Member
New York lawmakers want to require people applying for a handgun license to turn over a list of their social media accounts so officials can verify their “character and conduct.”

ALBANY, N.Y. -- New York would require people applying for a handgun license to turn over a list of their social media accounts so officials could verify their “character and conduct” under a bill headed toward passage Friday in the state Legislature.
The provision was part of a proposed redesign of the state's firearms licensing laws hammered out by lawmakers after the U.S. Supreme Court struck down rules that had severely limited who could get a permit to carry a handgun outside their home.
A bill advanced by Democratic leaders would eliminate the most strict barriers to getting a permit but also impose new requirements for applicants.
Among the requirements: Applicants would have to show they have “the essential character, temperament and judgment necessary to be entrusted with a weapon and to use it only in a manner that does not endanger oneself and others,” according to the bill.
And as part of that assessment of good character, the bill says, applicants would have to turn over a list of any social media accounts they have had in the past three years “to confirm the information regarding the applicant's character and conduct.”

Continues...

Do they want my real 4chan account or just some of my 30 troll accounts?

"Google said Friday that it would delete its users’ location history whenever they visit an abortion clinic, domestic violence shelter or other similarly-sensitive place, responding publicly for the first time to calls for the data giant to limit the amount of information it collects that could be used by law enforcement for abortion investigations and prosecutions.

“If our systems identify that someone has visited one of these places, we will delete these entries from Location History soon after they visit,” Jen Fitzpatrick, a senior Google executive, said in a blog post.
"

"…a list of former and current social media accounts of the applicant from the past three years to confirm the information regarding the applicants character and conduct as required in subparagraph (ii) of this paragraph; …"

There’s a new fight for privacy brewing - your social media posts, Google Maps and browser history will be monitored, collected and used against you for partisan purposes, with High Tech volunteering your data or deleting it, depending on the causes they support. Does your GPS have recent history stored? Your smartphone certainly leaves digital bread crumbs to the range and gun shop.

I would find keeping my digital fingerprint offline to be impossible. NES is certainly on a secret Doestic Terrorism watch-list.

Last edited:
So the government is going to use 1A to infringe the right specified in 2A……

Truest definition of tyranny and oppression.
This is good stuff, NY going full retard will screw it up for every other gun grabbing State ... if the court take the case.

These people are so desperate, instead of taking a small step followed by another small step they go full on sprinting and will fall.

But wait. Let's have another Bruen thread.

I'll start one saying, "Famous Boston Team Looking To Change It's Name Due to Key SCOTUS Gun Case!"

Back
Top Bottom