Gun left in bathroom, owner to go on trial

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not in 81, nor does what I do have any bearing on the discussion.
There are a FEW valid points here.
1. It is dangerous demonizing a group for the purpose of swinging popular opinion.
2. Leaving a gun in a restaurant bathroom is dumb and dangerous.
3. The true injustice is an LEO left a gun in a bathroom and it would be interesting to see the difference on penalty.

or am I wrong.

Last edited:
Ok here comes the Libertarian in me...

Didn't we just see a court decision somewhere that dealt with First Amendment issues and firearms.

I have a Local 81 "support shirt" does that make me a "known associate"?

If she was wearing a shirt for another alleged criminal enterprise, a group of guys bent on making peoples lives miserable by intimidation, threats of force, extortion, who as a group have a history that their individual members have committed crimes, lets say that shirt said " SUPPORT THE NYPD" , she would have been given the weapon back on the spot.

She was licensed, she owned up on the spot, there was no criminal intent. If she was willing to submit to a "Troop E Breathalyzer Test" they would have given her a few boxes of ammo back with the gun. Was she stupid, yes, was she a legal gun owner, yes, is this a BS charge to get her to flip on her friends or just busting her for being a supporter, probably.

I am not condoning her leaving the weapon behind, she has a responsibility to protect her weapon, but this is surely a prosecution and persecution that violates her right to free expression and freedom of association.

How many cops have lost a gun, or left one behind in a mens room? Lots! A Deputy Sheriff from Plymouth County MA left one in a mens room in Marshfield a while back, he was not even slapped on the wrist IIRC.

You can argue all you like M1911 and FCI, but who you hang around with has no bearing on this case nor did it need mention in the article. I already know how you feel on the subject.

1) You were the one who brought up the "club" versus "gang" stuff, dude.
2) I never said it had anything to do with this case, you did.
3) The facts are clear about the Hells Angels. It is my "feel"ing, it is a fact. You know it.
4) As for the defendant, if you hang around with dirtbags, expect to get in trouble. Stay away from stupid people, stupid places, and stupid things.

Last edited:
The woman was an idiot and should lose the gun and LTC and thats it. Who she hangs out with is irrelevant and she should have kept her mouth shut.
Now can we all get back to watching TV shows that demonize Harley Davidson social groups.[wink]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom