Gun debate audio

NPR has an excellent series of audio debates on a program called Intelligence Squared. One of those is the "do guns reduce crime?" debate. The debating panel, instead of being made up of brain dead Brady Bunch supporters, actually has real experts in the field. On the pro side of the debate is Gary Kleck, John R. Lott, and Stephen Halbrook, gents to really know their sh$t and rip the anti side into small pieces. as one would expect (me, biased?! No...). Any, there other other topics of interest to listen to, but the gun debate is a must hear:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=96409853

General topics page:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=6263392

Truthfully I'm shocked NPR is even touching 2A. I wonder how they'll spin it up for the anti's later.

I'll admit I do listen on occasion (when Jay Severn is on commercials).

Truthfully I'm shocked NPR is even touching 2A. I wonder how they'll spin it up for the anti's later.

I have found as far as the main stream media, NPR is by far the best of the bunch. The anti's have their say on that panel, and they do a terrible job of it as expected... NPR may not be pro gun, but I do find they do an OK job of at least attempting to get both sides of the story. For example, it was on NPR that I heard the "12 guns per day" exposed for the bunk it is. The NPR called the CDC on air and it was right from their mouth that I heard what those "12 per day" stats.

The level of intellectual dishonesty of Donohue,Helmke, Kerlikowske, is stunning. Did I expect otherwise? I guess not, but it's still amazing to hear.

Last edited:
I have found as far as the main stream media, NPR is by far the best of the bunch. The anti's have their say on that panel, and they do a terrible job of it as expected... NPR may not be pro gun, but I do find they do an OK job of at least attempting to get both sides of the story. For example, it was on NPR that I heard the "12 guns per day" exposed for the bunk it is. The NPR called the CDC on air and it was right from their mouth that I heard what those "12 per day" stats.

Agreed. NPR may be moonbattish here in the NE, but even then it is not bad and in the rest of the country it reflects local tastes and it is a quality broadcast. I can only describe NPR as safe when it comes to edutainment type programming and the news programming is consistently accurate.

Back
Top Bottom