• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun control bill passed in FL House

headednorth

NES Member
"The Republican-controlled Florida House passed a bill late Wednesday revising gun laws and revamping school security in the wake of the Parkland school shooting that left 17 people dead.

The bill, passed by the Senate earlier this week, implements a three-day waiting period on firearm purchases, bans bump stocks, raises the age to buy a gun of any kind to 21 and creates a program to train school personnel to carry weapons.

It additionally includes a $400 million security package that will allow for at least one armed resource officer at each school statewide and the development of a so-called “marshal program,” which includes training for staff to carry a weapon to defend themselves in emergency situations. The funds will also go toward mental health initiatives."

Florida passes first gun control bill since Parkland massacre

Well I guess Florida HAD a good run for resisting the anti-gun crowd...

they sure did, take note "free states". I'm not surprised that "Republicans" passed this filth.

Also, interesting to see how they deal with rogue bumpstocks and 19 yo who already own guns.

Curious how many days before the shooting this kid purchased the rifle. Was it more than 3 days?

And people tell me here that I'm

A) stupid to live in MA
B) fighting a futile fight
C) should move to a FREE state like FL or TX.

Maybe all'y'all should move your asses back to Masses and fight this bad-boy head-on here.

There's enough to dislike about MA to leave just on other merits.

The gun climate is just part of the disease.

I moved from MA to FL to get away from that BS, and that event happened not far from me. Weather, taxes, etc, etc, still prefer FL and plenty ARs, cans, etc here.

And people tell me here that I'm

A) stupid to live in MA
B) fighting a futile fight
C) should move to a FREE state like FL or TX.

Maybe all'y'all should move your asses back to Masses and fight this bad-boy head-on here.
Who said anything about TX and FL? I sure as hell didnt, good try though.

You people who think that the progressive mindset isn’t spreading are fools.

Who said anything about TX and FL? I sure as hell didnt, good try though.

You didn't post before me. So how could I be talking to/about you? But your thinking that I AM talking to you is all you need to know. ;)

Exactly. "Let's fall back to (fill in state that seems conservative now)."

I'll be here. I'll be fighting. When we win and you want to come back and talk about how "we" did it, go F yourselves. LOL

"The Republican-controlled Florida House passed a bill late Wednesday revising gun laws and revamping school security in the wake of the Parkland school shooting that left 17 people dead.

The bill, passed by the Senate earlier this week, implements a three-day waiting period on firearm purchases, bans bump stocks, raises the age to buy a gun of any kind to 21 and creates a program to train school personnel to carry weapons.

It additionally includes a $400 million security package that will allow for at least one armed resource officer at each school statewide and the development of a so-called “marshal program,” which includes training for staff to carry a weapon to defend themselves in emergency situations. The funds will also go toward mental health initiatives."

Florida passes first gun control bill since Parkland massacre

With elections coming up the GOP is feeling the pressure from the left and will sell us out like they always do.

I'll be here. I'll be fighting. When we win and you want to come back and talk about how "we" did it, go F yourselves. LOL

It's mass.... get real, the state is controlled by like 65% pure moonbats (with a big dollup of corruption on top, and RINOs on the other side helping them out, to boot), and gerrymandered to death... and it's too far gone to EVER come back. Unless armed insurrection happens, or we win in the courts, gun owners ain't winning shit in this state "the front way".... unless you have a plan to fly in a million or so voters that aren't retarded.

By all means people should stay in MA if they want- but being 110% delusional about the reality of the politics here on the ground doesn't help anyone win.

-Mike

Last edited:

LOL and people that don't understand that a wonky swing state like FL (that already had marginally shitty gun laws to begin with, but people were too busy whacking off over their FL CCW license with 27 state reciprocity to notice the other laws that suck there, like wait periods and no OC, and some holes in their SD laws, and restricted carry locations) are even bigger fools. We're talking about a state that a bunch of snowbirds from cold parts of the moonbat US fly to every winter to avoid the weather. What does anyone really think is going to happen down there?

FL having "progressives" in it is not a new thing, not hardly. If this happened in 2008 the same thing would have happened. That said even FL isn't going to get full on bans, etc- because there are too many blue dog dems there that own guns. That doesn't mean that these same people won't accept marginal gun control like what was just passed. The fact that they passed gun control at a level of "sorta irritating, but won't bother most" isn't really a surprise. Meanwhile up here in MA, where no schools got shot up, Linsky and co are firing up the sousaphones and the anti gun shitbird marching band in the background probably trying to write up some broad based gun ban for
Massachusetts- where if we go full retard in fighting it, we'll be lucky to get some of it peeled back.... all contingent on timing and such....

-Mike

You're argument isnt all that far from telling Boris or 10thSFFD that they should move back to Russia because of some of the dumb shit that happens in Mass

I can't live anywhere else but here in MA where it is just like in The Mother Land, minus nerve agent trained goons. I have a degree from the marxist philosophy and there is no better utilization of that degree than here. People in Texas keep asking me about my accent. What accent? My English is Russian! [devil2]

LOL and people that don't understand that a wonky swing state like FL (that already had marginally shitty gun laws to begin with, but people were too busy whacking off over their FL CCW license with 27 state reciprocity to notice the other laws that suck there, like wait periods and no OC, and some holes in their SD laws, and restricted carry locations) are even bigger fools. We're talking about a state that a bunch of snowbirds from cold parts of the moonbat US fly to every winter to avoid the weather. What does anyone really think is going to happen down there?

In the 90's, when I lived in FL, you didn't need a CCW to purchase anything (rifle, pistol, whatever), but there was a waiting period if you did not have a CCW for handgun purchases. Does the new law still exempt license holders from the waiting period?

By the way, the process and time to get the license in FL was lengthier and more hoop jumping then what I had to do in CT.

In the 90's, when I lived in FL, you didn't need a CCW to purchase anything (rifle, pistol, whatever), but there was a waiting period if you did not have a CCW for handgun purchases. Does the new law still exempt license holders from the waiting period?

By the way, the process and time to get the license in FL was lengthier and more hoop jumping then what I had to do in CT.

You gave me one more reason to wish you all Happy International Women's Day. This is the day when we show appreciation for women and what they have done for us.
Celebrating hundreds of years of awesome Mass. women
m.jpg w.jpg

Back
Top Bottom