• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun Confiscation Coming in Virginia

The hypocrisy of the left vis a vis Sanctuary is laughable. They can't be taken seriously or allowed to form policy on anything, as they are 100% driven by votes

Had a thought

Trump said he was going to defend RKBA......this is right on his door step

If the commies in Va leg persist then trump ordering the AG to file suit in fed count to protect/defend against actions against 2A particularly regarding firearms in "common use" which SCOTUS has already deemed AOK........a lawsuit by the fed gov AGAINST Va would be 100% legit and legally sound under the 14th amendment.

Supreme court would have no option other than to take the case and rule against Va otherwise they would go against stare decisis and a decision rendered by approx half of the sitting court

This would be the biggest win trump could possibly muster and energize the base in an unimaginable way....AND put all this BS to a stop

I'm sad this would never happen.

There's no way VA goes current proposal full retard during an election year. I think they're just pandering to their base. Maybe they pass something like a regular CA/CT/MA/NY AWB. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think the close by DC elitists are going to let VA DNC hand Trump a giant election topic they know he'll win.

They'll water it down to something that matches another existing law and just pray SCOTUS doesn't take up an AWB case.

Had a thought

If the commies in Va leg persist then trump ordering the AG to file suit in fed count to protect/defend against actions against 2A particularly regarding firearms in "common use" which SCOTUS has already deemed AOK........a lawsuit by the fed gov AGAINST Va would be 100% legit and legally sound under the 14th amendment.

Supreme court would have no option other than to take the case and rule against Va otherwise they would go against stare decisis and a decision rendered by approx half of the sitting court

This would be the biggest win trump could possibly muster and energize the base in an unimaginable way....AND put all this BS to a stop

That is some next level, 47-D, Q++P++, trust the plan, time delta, type shit right there.

Its not really

There are a raft of examples of the executive branch taking DIRECT action to protect rights (Segregation: Wallace v JFK) https://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/p...-the-university-of-alabama-50-years-ago-today

There are also a raft of examples of the executive branch taking actions via courts to protect rights......from voting to education to various 1A cases.......

Why wouldnt you expect the executive branch to do something similar to guarantee/ensure that a state doesnt VIOLATE 2A?

Don't mistake my snark for some kind of argument, I hope our time traveling president does exactly what you describe, I just don't see him throwing us that large a bone while he is trying to retain his squishy moderates and independents in an election year.

I'm sad this would never happen.

There's no way VA goes current proposal full retard during an election year. I think they're just pandering to their base. Maybe they pass something like a regular CA/CT/MA/NY AWB. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think the close by DC elitists are going to let VA DNC hand Trump a giant election topic they know he'll win.

They'll water it down to something that matches another existing law and just pray SCOTUS doesn't take up an AWB case.

With the amount of furor this is creating down there I don't think a "chinsebag AWB lite" is going to piss people off any less... [laugh] VA gun owners recognize that.... Rape is rape, it's not less bad because "just the tip."

-Mike

Its not really

There are a raft of examples of the executive branch taking DIRECT action to protect rights (Segregation: Wallace v JFK) https://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/p...-the-university-of-alabama-50-years-ago-today

There are also a raft of examples of the executive branch taking actions via courts to protect rights......from voting to education to various 1A cases.......

Why wouldnt you expect the executive branch to do something similar to guarantee/ensure that a state doesnt VIOLATE 2A?

One other possibilitiy.... scotus could issue an injunction blocking enforcement of the law, right? Until it poops out an awb case... I don't see them going FR and suing the state, etc. That would probably only happen if you had 3 Gorsuch clones and maybe 3 Thomas clones all seated at once lmao...

My son says they can't use the guard in that capacity says Posse Commitus prohibits them from enforcing law enforcement actions on the mainland

Federalized national guard fall under posse comitatus. However the VA governor can use national guard in the enforcement of VA law. Although, I’m not sure how well that’d be received from the populous OR the national guard. I doubt many enlisted would be willing to confiscate guns or arrest sherrifs for ol’ mr black face.

The governor would be stupid to call up the entire state National Guard. From a "troop loyalty" and enforcement point of view, he'd want to make sure to call up officers who he knows are loyal from liberal counties and areas. He's the c-in-c of the state's martial forces.

Power is an awfully tempting thing, don't underestimate it.

Had a thought

There's no way Trump or any other organ of the Federal government is going to sue the Commonwealth of VA. The best option is for state residents and state groups to sue in Federal district court for an injunction. Trump can join or intervene if he wants. There's no track record of the Feds coming in to protect the 2A. Maybe after the NYC case gets decided. Don't expect Federal intervention on behalf of the 2A unless there's:

*A clear standard for the 2A, like "strict scrutiny" - hopefully this'll be the NYC case
*A local US Attorney who gives a shit about the 2A - meaning he either cares about the right or sees the issue as being politically advantageous
*An administration that's proactive about defending civil liberties - Trump does not have a strong record with this, he's a dealmaker, not a lawyer

One other possibilitiy.... scotus could issue an injunction blocking enforcement of the law, right? Until it poops out an awb case... I don't see them going FR and suing the state, etc. That would probably only happen if you had 3 Gorsuch clones and maybe 3 Thomas clones all seated at once lmao...

No, SCOTUS can't issue an injunction unless SCOTUS has original trial jurisdiction over the suit. Hypothetically, if Trump through the USAG sued VA, the suit would be brought in US District Court in VA. The suit would then probably be appealed, but would still take time to get to SCOTUS. SCOTUS would only have appellate jurisdiction, not the ability to actually issue an injunction. Any injunction would come from a Federal district court judge.

Again, the best idea is for VA citizens to file suit in Federal court. Maybe in state court depending on how strong VA's 2A case law is and how the state supreme and appellate courts are politically aligned.

Edit: the most typical situation where a suit starts in SCOTUS is disputes over land by the government, like when two states or one state and the Feds have a dispute over who owns what land. And by land, think of whole towns or islands.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probable and possible are two different things.

While there's no precident specifically for this being done wrt 2A there are sufficient examples historically of it having been done wrt other constitutionally protected rights........isnt that what the whole "Incorporation" bullschtein is about?

This is truly one of the few cases where the constitution AS WRITTEN would apply and support legal/other action by the exec branch of the fed gov AGAINST Virginia

As others have noted......its a different ball game under Trump.....as such I think its something that we should all push for........it certainly is a path to put all the state bullshit regarding overt violations/disreguard of heller/etc and 2A itself back in line once and for all

No, incorporation of the Constitution to the states is a different concept. You're not describing it correctly.

Incorporation means that the Bill of Rights applies to the states, not just the Feds. This doesn't mean that the Feds are going to swoop in and intervene when citizens claim that their rights have been violated. The 2A was incorporated to the states in McDonald. That means the states have to respect the RKBA. McDonald did not create precedent indicating that the Feds would start suing to enforce one point of view of the 2A (a strict, by-the-text reading). At the end of the day, private citizens have to do the legwork. The Federal government does not exist to act as a broker between a state's citizens and the state government unless all forms of redress have been exhausted at the state level or the people file suit in Federal court.

Think about what's going on in VA.

You have the Virginia governor acting to enforce Virginia statutes against Virginia citizens. Uncle Sugar doesn't come into play there at all except as an overseer and final dispute resolver. The most proper thing to do under a conservative, states rights 10th Amendment theory would be to sue in state court, appeal through the state system, and only file a writ of cert to SCOTUS after the VA state supreme court heard the case.

Arguably, if Trump came in to enforce his view of the 2A onto Virginia, he'd create a "commandeering" case. Commandeering in 10A jurisprudence is when the Federal government, usually Congress, "commendeers" a state's legislative authority and orders a state to enact certain laws.

Stockwell,

My issue is that you keep trying to apply a "customary" approach to a constitutional issue....ie we've allowed the tail to wag the dog for too long and trump is fighting this (broadly)......

The president is the chief executive of the united states.

He took the following oath of office: "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

The constitution and subsequent supreme court decisions affirm RKBA as a constitutionally protected right

The president is bound by OATH to defend it

Virginia leadership is moving to violate the constitution, their oath's to uphold it and the constitutionally protected rights it ensures.

Trump is well within his power to initiate a FEDERAL suit against the state of virginia to uphold his oath of office and defend the rights of all virginians.

Article 3 of the constitution states that fed judiciary power shall extend "to Controversies to which the United States shall be a Party"

Your argument is that the Don should intervene. My argument is that the 10th Amendment controls here and this is for Virginia and Virginia citizens to deal with. The problem with your theory is that it opens up possibilities for presidents to stick their manhoods into unwelcome places when we don't want them to.

Imagine if, once Trump's gone in 2024, that a Dem president comes into office. Then a state enacts a total, state-wide 2A sanctuary law. The Dem president panders to his base and follows the approach you suggest and sues the state. We don't need that.

We're not going to agree on this point because you're demanding more Federal intervention and I think this is a state's rights issue. Whether you like it or not, this is an issue for Virginia. Not the Feds.

You're ignoring what the constitution clearly states in favor of a distopial JBS like argument

What I'm advocating is an instance where the fed gov actually DEFENDS the constitution and the rights it ensures instead of SUBVERTING those rights and the constitution.......

Amendment X
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

Amendment II
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Amendment XIV
Section 1.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

POTUS Oath of office: "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

2A for better/worse is now incorporated/applied to the states and ensures an individual RKBA and include firearms in common use.

Trump is well within his and federal power to initiate a suit against a state acting to violate the constitutionally protected rights of the citizens of that state and any other states citizens who happen to travel in/thru Va.

You're argument is that a future president would similarly be empowered to initiate a suit against a state that initiates a state wide guarantee of 2A protected by the constitution.

THAT WOULD IN POINT OF FACT VIOLATE THE CONSTITUTION ITSELF

I'm not ignoring the text of the Constitution. I'm going to end on this.

The way you see the Constitution is as an absolute, binary concept. You're seeing everything that isn't in the text of the Constitution as unconstitutional. I agree that a verbatim interpretation of the 2A would be ideal. Judges, courts, and lawyers, including those appointed by Trump, don't share that point of view. You're willing to bank the farm on your theory. I'm being pragmatic about this and seeing it like it'd actually play out.

This is, again, a dispute between parties who are all from Virginia and involves Virginia law. This is a problem for people in Virginia to solve.

I would say, let them burn the house down. It should serve as a lesson to the rest of the country. Sooner or later the commie dems will get blood on their hands.

We are a nation of political will gentlemen, not a nation of laws. This has ALWAYS been the case, and it always will be. I think this is the point that C. Stockwell is trying to make. Laws mean NOTHING unless there is the political will to pass, enforce, change or repeal them. The pro-2A folks in Virginia failed to turn out the vote last November. That is why they are in this predicament. Beyond (and prior to) that, they failed to register their opinions with their legislature and governor to the extent that was necessary. As a result, the government no longer fears them as it should in a healthy republic.

The pro-2A folks in Virginia failed to turn out the vote last November.
It's becoming more difficult to do so, as the Donks are becoming exceedingly sophisticated at cheating. They're getting elections laws changed in places in ways that at first glance may actually seem reasonable, but which further erode the ability to stop shenanigans from occurring, especially when taken in context of other (less reasonable) laws they're pushing (and getting passed).

The pro-2A folks in Virginia failed to turn out the vote last November. That is why they are in this predicament.

They had a problem where HALF THE FRICKEN OFFICES had unopposed races. There was NO ONE TO VOTE FOR in opposition.

This is why ballots need a "none of the above" option to leave the position vacant. Too many vacant positions = no quorum, no quorum and the legislature has to cease functioning until they have one.

We are a nation of political will gentlemen, not a nation of laws. This has ALWAYS been the case, and it always will be. I think this is the point that C. Stockwell is trying to make. Laws mean NOTHING unless there is the political will to pass, enforce, change or repeal them. The pro-2A folks in Virginia failed to turn out the vote last November. That is why they are in this predicament. Beyond (and prior to) that, they failed to register their opinions with their legislature and governor to the extent that was necessary. As a result, the government no longer fears them as it should in a healthy republic.

Don't know what the demographic problems are there, though. I strongly suspect theres some big dump cities in play, with large population densities. You get a few of
those, or even just one county, and it can f*** up an entire state. Also when people are armflapping like retards because they throw a temper tantrum over an unrelated politician (the current sitting US president) you end up with f***o/f***ed up election results as a side effect, because too many people are emotionally invested in partisan bullshit.

-Mike

They had a problem where HALF THE FRICKEN OFFICES had unopposed races. There was NO ONE TO VOTE FOR in opposition.

This is why ballots need a "none of the above" option to leave the position vacant. Too many vacant positions = no quorum, no quorum and the legislature has to cease functioning until they have one.
I know that here in the Constipation State, that is so in Donk strongholds cuz there is ABSOLUTELY NO POINT in running an opposition candidate, save maybe an even more Communist one. It's merely a waste of time and resources.

I know that here in the Constipation State, that is so in Donk strongholds cuz there is ABSOLUTELY NO POINT in running an opposition candidate, save maybe an even more Communist one. It's merely a waste of time and resources.

Yeah, there are some places in MA that are literally like that. The only smart way at all to run an opposition campaign in those districts is to do a "gay deceiver" fake
democrat job and push them out at the primary, but even that is difficult.

-Mike

Yeah, there are some places in MA that are literally like that. The only smart way at all to run an opposition campaign in those districts is to do a "gay deceiver" fake
democrat job and push them out at the primary, but even that is difficult.

-Mike
Not gonna happen, realistically. Only hope is for some kind of crash/reset, where we stop paying them to reproduce themselves, and they starve. And even then, better hope we still have plenty ammo handy when it happens.

Paramilitary...
lexington-green-1.jpg

A few thoughts this evening ...

Look at the sanctuary map. Where do you think most of the soldiers from VA are from. My guess is that most are from the green areas. Now, go see how VA sons and daughters sided with their homeland in the last Civil War. You think these soldiers are going to fight against their home counties?

Our 2A right is not a Constitutional right. It is a God given right. This is a difficult concept for many in MA, but I can assure you that it is not in most of VA and the rest of the South and, for that matter, most of flyover country. Simply put, these people are not going to put up with this nonsense.

It is well past time when the electoral college system needed to implemented at the state level as well. Just like a few populous states do not control our country, a few populous cities should not control a state.

While we are on the electoral college, every poll about the impeachment is inherently incorrect. In order to construct a proper poll of what the country actually wants, you would have to sample people reflective of the electoral college makeup. We do not live in a democracy and we sure as heck do not sway with the mob. The progressives have ignored this fact and it is going to be their undoing in the end. We are sick and tired of this crap.

Back
Top Bottom