Gun buy-back's make me sick :(

I have never heard of tax money being used for buybacks. Its always some private donations or some other slush fund like the cash they get to keep when they sell of drug dealers assets.

Not that it changes anything. I would have done it if it was tax funded. The money was appropriated, it was going to be spent. Better its used to put me though college than it goes to some thug who is just going to use it to buy drugs, booze, or illegally buy a beter gun.

So you would like to silence those whose opinions don't match yours. Interesting. Are you sure you're a gun guy?? Because you sound an awful lot like some of my liberal relatives.

No, it has nothing to do with silencing anyone, I just wouldn't allow those who openly support false agendas to occupy my board. The internet is a vast place and there are plenty of buy back supporters you could hang out with....it just wouldn't be here(if it were my board).

You have the unmitigated gall to question if "I'm a gun guy" when you are selling your guns to those who destroy them and who would ultimately execute you for their possession if they could? Get F'ing real!!![rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes]

Here's a pic of guns & edged weapons which have allegedly resulted from a "voluntary return" in Switzerland.
It makes me SICK to no end looking at these fine Lugers, P210's and bayos.
A single one of the M1914 sawbacks is going for $ 180+ in this market today,
the 210's and Lugers are going for much much more.
Historical value which will be destroyed forever.......

259b62a4.jpg

A single one of the M1914 sawbacks is going for $ 180+ in this market today

The real question is....did they get $181 for them? [thinking]

Some of the posters on here are f---ing ridiculous. The liberals can't legally take your guns from you even if they want to. So all they have to do is set restrictions on what can be imported in and then pay you for the ones you have now and the tunnel vision of some people on a few bucks of profit outweighs what's really going on.

Anyone who participates in a buyback at all is a fudd. Enough bullshit excuses. It doesn't matter where the funding originates (normally state of federally run [slap]) or where the guns were created.

It all comes down to whether you'd sell your rights for a price. Those who refuse to sell their freedom will maintain their rights and those who choose to sell out can and will be bought. All these "gun enthusiasts" who admit they'd destroy as many guns as they can get their grubby little hands on to turn a profit are the reason why MA is so f---ed up to begin with.

So if I have an old broken gun that would otherwise be thrown out and isn't worth the metal its made out of I shouldn't waist some of the [insert your] campaigns money to put it towards a new gun?

Mike

So if I have an old broken gun that would otherwise be thrown out and isn't worth the metal its made out of I shouldn't waist some of the [insert your] campaigns money to put it towards a new gun?

Mike

If you did your research on what you had, figured out that it was absolutely worthless, had no value what-so-ever, and couldn't fire. Then sure, do as you wish for your immediate gain. But you're still fueling a gun buy back. And you're still generating positive press for said event. You. A self proclaimed "pro 2nd ammendment" gun owner. But you got more cash, right??

Get it? You're selling out. You're a f'n fudd. Now go shoot sum wabbits, dummy.

No, it has nothing to do with silencing anyone, I just wouldn't allow those who openly support false agendas to occupy my board. The internet is a vast place and there are plenty of buy back supporters you could hang out with....it just wouldn't be here(if it were my board).

You have the unmitigated gall to question if "I'm a gun guy" when you are selling your guns to those who destroy them and who would ultimately execute you for their possession if they could? Get F'ing real!!![rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes]

Actually no, its about silencing a dissenting opinion. Obviously the owner of the board can act based on any whim he has, but generally the purpose of these boards is to provide a forum where people with a common interest can discuss and DEBATE relevant issues around their interest. If all the posts on this board were "hey, what plastic gun should I buy" , it would become a mighty boring place mighty quickly.

My questioning of your "gun guy-ness" came from your behavior. I was posting logical, impersonal arguments. You posted personal attacks and then suggested that my opinions should be silenced.

That sounds pretty much like what the Liberal activists at Yale and Wesleyan tried to do when Dinesh D'Souza and Ann Coulter tried to speak at each of those colleges. Hmm. We love diversity of opinion, as long as it agrees with our opinion. That position perfectly mirrored your statement above.

Finally, lets get something straight. Guns don't have rights, people do. Guns are possessions, property, important property that has a special place in the history of our country and its hard fought freedoms, but property none-the-less.

Lets look at it another way. If you turn in 1000 worth of firearms to be destroyed, and then turn around and use the $2000 you got in return to buy new firearms, you have actually helped the cause. There are now more firearms out in circulation than if you had just kept your $1000 worth of guns. That is unless you are emotionally attached to those firearms. I can't counter an emotional argument made by you any more than I can counter an emotional anti-gun argument made by my liberal sister "well I just don't like them".

That is so sad. Who in their right mind would turn in an edged weapon to one of these programs?! Those bayo's are awesome pieces of history, and the Lugers, forget about it! What did they get for the luger, $100? It's probably worth about $800. The whole concept of banning and confiscating knives makes me sick. To think that Great Britain has actually acomplished it.

I do however feel a German Luger used during the biggest war of all time has much more value than a Chinese SKS that was probably never used in any conflict. But, we each have our own interests.

I agree. I have an EMOTIONAL reaction to seeing those Lugers going to the crusher, the same as I'd have seeing something like a Garand or a M1 Carbine.

I just remembered one kind of buyback that I think anyone could get behind. It obviously didn't happen anywhere around here. Essentially after a buyback a local group sued to have the guns auctioned off rather than destroyed, and won. The guns were sold at public auction.

If local groups did that , I think we could all get behind it. It would serve the dual purpose of getting them out of homes where they weren't really wanted and into the hands of people who wanted/valued them.

I just remembered one kind of buyback that I think anyone could get behind. It obviously didn't happen anywhere around here. Essentially after a buyback a local group sued to have the guns auctioned off rather than destroyed, and won. The guns were sold at public auction.

If local groups did that , I think we could all get behind it. It would serve the dual purpose of getting them out of homes where they weren't really wanted and into the hands of people who wanted/valued them.

sounds awesome and makes sense... therefore it will never happen in Mass lol

i dont have any problem with fudds giving up their guns. they do way more damage to the 2A with them, without them they cant say they own guns at least.

The fact that gift cards are given as the payment does not mean that they're donated. It means that they're purchased with tax money because they don't want to hand out cash.

Yup. They're also paying cops to work the buyback, then to run Guntrace, ballistics testing, and everything else that goes into transport, storage, etc.

Check out the legal section. There are several tales of woe from people who have a broken gun that the manufacturer can't repair and won't replace for fear of crossing the AG.

Ask one of those people if selling the parts they need to the Brady Campaign is a good idea.

That is so sad. Who in their right mind would turn in an edged weapon to one of these programs?! Those bayo's are awesome pieces of history, and the Lugers, forget about it! What did they get for the luger, $100? It's probably worth about $800. The whole concept of banning and confiscating knives makes me sick.

Well, everything on this pic are Swiss Gov't. issued weapons which were "privatized" after the service and have really been returned; most likely for nada.
There was a big story about a Swiss veteran moving into a nursing home approx. 2 years ago:
He was told that he couldn't bring his guns to the nursing home, so he went to a police post to drop them off.
As the Swiss police are obliged to tell someone whether a gun may have a high value they did so and one pistol in question (the vet's service pistol) went to an auctioneer for appraisal. The pistol sold for a 6-figure amount as it turned out that it was a pre-model 00 Luger. Happy ending and Grandpa surely enjoyed the outcome.

As the Swiss police are obliged to tell someone whether a gun may have a high value they did so and one pistol in question (the vet's service pistol) went to an auctioneer for appraisal.

I take it not many Swiss cops are running gunshops on the side. [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom