gun and a watch all for the low cost of $10000

Good comment

Really a great thing unless:

1. You have ever had anything that ran on batteries die on you
2. Are one of those few people that take your watch off... Ever.
3. Have never had anything technology related fail on you when you desperately need it.
4. Don't forsee the need of anyone else in your home having access to it.

Other than that: Win!

Oh lord no please no. My first though was the MA AG will have a field day with this. They will make this thing the only Ma compliant hand gun.

Theyve had these forever. I knew a guy who had a pistol that worked with a special ring back in the 90's during his demonstration of how it worked, I was able to fire the thing 4 times without the ring before it locked up.

Assuming this actually works, where is the market for such a beast in .22 (expecially at a $10K price tag)?

r. I knew a guy who had a pistol that worked with a special ring back in the 90's during his demonstration of how it worked, I was able to fire the thing 4 times without the ring before it locked up.
That was probably the magnatrigger system installed by Ricky Devoid of Tarnhelm Supply in NH that uses a magnet to actuate a mechanism in the grip of a modified S&W wheelgun. The new system is electronic.

http://www.tarnhelm.com/magna-trigger/gun/safety/magna1.htm

Last edited:
I love how the comments on that page turned into a battle of gun ownership vs. non-ownership ever since the one moron posted "I don't know why any civilian would ever need a gun." lol...people are ridiculous

And that concept with the watch is the most retarded thing I've ever seen!

FYI: The reason it's a .22 is because the electronics can't stand up to anything bigger. Not that the dev told me, but because I know electronics and nothing out there could stand the punishment.

Umm, Terraformer. That's just not true about electronics not being able to handle the punishment. I work at a company that designs and builds motor controllers for the Navy and that stuff has to handle 600 g's of shock to get certified.

I've just had a fabulous idea, after attending the hearing at the State house, where the rep from New Bedford wanted everyone to have to keep their guns locked up at
a gun club. I am going to make a lot of money from this.

I am going to invent a system whereby a bluetooth transmitter with a GPS is installed in the gun. Then, before you fire a shot, you simply call your police department, explain the
situation,
and ask if it is permitted. If it is, they send you an unlock code to fire the gun.

It's simple, foolproof, and preserves the "local oversight" that everyone was talking about, so the local authorities, who are in the best position to know, will
have the final say.

I am going to get this passed into law in CA first, to set the precedent, and then we can put it up for vote here in MA.

If it saves even one child's life, you have to agree that it's worth it. What are you, a child killer??

Umm, Terraformer. That's just not true about electronics not being able to handle the punishment. I work at a company that designs and builds motor controllers for the Navy and that stuff has to handle 600 g's of shock to get certified.

How much do those parts cost you? Are they all commercial parts or are we talking milspec parts? Also, one shock is different than 1000s of repetitive shocks.

ETA: Do these parts that operate in such high shock environments have a replacement lifetime? ie; are they replaced while functional? If so, that means that used in a gun they would have to be replaced on some sort of schedule. If they are replaceable they are bypassable. There is no way to make an electronic handgun that can have the lifetimes we have come to expect from even cheap guns and be capable of the panacea the anti's are selling.

Last edited:
How much do those parts cost you? Are they all commercial parts or are we talking milspec parts? Also, one shock is different than 1000s of repetitive shocks.
Check out the Barrett BORS ranging system that is used in conjunction with a scope on their rifles, or the many laser sighting systems - all examples of electronics in full power firearms.

I've just had a fabulous idea, after attending the hearing at the State house, where the rep from New Bedford wanted everyone to have to keep their guns locked up at
a gun club. I am going to make a lot of money from this.

I am going to invent a system whereby a bluetooth transmitter with a GPS is installed in the gun. Then, before you fire a shot, you simply call your police department, explain the
situation,
and ask if it is permitted. If it is, they send you an unlock code to fire the gun.

It's simple, foolproof, and preserves the "local oversight" that everyone was talking about, so the local authorities, who are in the best position to know, will
have the final say.

I am going to get this passed into law in CA first, to set the precedent, and then we can put it up for vote here in MA.

If it saves even one child's life, you have to agree that it's worth it. What are you, a child killer??

Good lord, delete this post before someone reads it and decides to implement it.....

Check out the Barrett BORS ranging system that is used in conjunction with a scope on their rifles, or the many laser sighting systems - all examples of electronics in full power firearms.

Maybe shock resistance has become markedly better in the last decade but it was always a huge issue when I was working for IC distributors. Common issues with ICs in amplifiers and other hi vibration/shock environments. They would have to suspend all of the electronics to isolate them from the chassis and then you still had to deal with the sound vibration. I still think this guy started out with a .22 to avoid shock issues.

Get ready to take it up the ass boys. I saw this and played with it at the Shot Show. The Germans were there showing it off. Price is $12,000. They asked me what I thought of it and I told them that I thought it sucked and that this product was going to take regular guns and make them illegal in the Communist states across the US which are the East and West coast. I told them I would never buy one even if the price were $12 instead of $12,000!!!!!

Silly.

What's the distance from the watch at which the gun becomes unusable? I understand the sentiment...but seems a concern could be losing your gun in a struggle and having it pointed right back at you, perhaps +/- 1 Foot away. Would it still fire at that point?

If you've got ten grand to drop on a gun, you should spend 8 of it on proper training, storage and safety materials if you feel you need them that badly.

With a .22, though, this really seems like it might be the 'safest' way to shoot a rat.

Meh, it's the progression of technology. Everything that's useful today probably seemed silly and overpriced at one point in time. Eventually it might turn into something more useful. Mobile phones, anyone???

Good idea in theory for law enforcement I think, but probably not for civilian ownership. $10k is also absurd, do they use a rolex watch or something?

I'm still waiting for the pistol from the movie "Judge Dread" to come out. DNA encoded bullets? Rocket launcher setting? Yes please.

Typical with modern ICs the issue is not the IC but the IC being dislodged from it's pads. It's fairly simple to get around through manufacturing and once you are in production not more expensive then just willy nilly board work.

Get ready to take it up the ass boys. I saw this and played with it at the Shot Show. The Germans were there showing it off. Price is $12,000. They asked me what I thought of it and I told them that I thought it sucked and that this product was going to take regular guns and make them illegal in the Communist states across the US which are the East and West coast. I told them I would never buy one even if the price were $12 instead of $12,000!!!!!

Thanks for your very appropriate reaction on the Armatix folks!
Be aware these guys are MASSIVELY lobbying the anti faction for their stuff,
same as in Germany. Fight them, whereever and whenever you can !

The watch apparently also does your taxes, washes your car, cooks dinner and walks your dog forever. This deal might not be so bad!

Good idea in theory for law enforcement I think, but probably not for civilian ownership. $10k is also absurd, do they use a rolex watch or something?

I'm still waiting for the pistol from the movie "Judge Dread" to come out. DNA encoded bullets? Rocket launcher setting? Yes please.

Yes I would much rather have a LAWGIVER

Back
Top Bottom