GSG-5 or 10/22 CRR

Decisions decisions..........

Hey guys

I like many have caught the GSG-5 bug going around, and have been thinking of getting one since they came ashore. Of course living in Ted Kennedys back yard we lowly peasents arent allowed post ban high cap mags.

So for the time being I have to wait till they start selling the rifle with ten round mags. The other day I went to the local gun shop and fondled a ruger 10/22 CRR

I guess its a somewhat new version of the 10/22, shorter
barrel, no barrel band on the stock and hi viz sights.

It seems like a pretty handy little rifle, definatly not as sexy looking as the GSG-5 but half the price tag and made in america. Tons of parts available and definatlyl modable, and if it ever breaks I wont have to ship it out of country to have it fixed.

So what do you think
278L.jpg

or
gsg-feature-shot.jpg

Ohh and did I mention half the price of a GSG-5......

I took the plunge on the GSG, so far so good.

That said, if I didn't have another .22 rifle I would go with the 10/22.

where can i buy the GSG though? I already have a single shot winchester 22 thats about 3 times my age. handed down from my dad.

From what I was told, the first batch that entered the country last month have all been distributed. There will not be another batch for another couple of months.

If you find one grab it. The retail price is $499, and expect to pay every bit of that. There was one on GunBroker last week that sold for over $700.

If you want to get on a waiting list, call up Zero Hour Arms in Easton, he'll take a small deposit and get you one on his next shipment.

WOW! I just googled the GSG-5...I WANT ONE! I think after C-Pher takes a vacation from NES I will try and get one. I am going to call my local dealer and see if he can start looking for me. According to people on AR15.com, you can mod the magazine for compliance. Hmmm....actually....how many come on a shipment from Germany? Do I smell a group buy on GSG-5's?

Called my favorite local shop today and he is going to try his best to get me one from the next shipment stateside! WOOHOO! Also got some info from someone on another forum on how to make 10 round mags! Double WOOHOO!

.22lr group buy? [rofl] - Sorry Mark...had to say it.

went and put my deposit down this morning. there is chance i could have one by next weekend. now to get some accessories so i'm ready to go when it arrives. first two are a vertical foregrip, red dot sight, and rail to mount it up top. will all the products designed for the airsoft mp5 fit this gun as well?

got my GSG Friday. THING IS SWEET! Shot 88 rounds in a 2 inch group from 50 feet fresh out of the box with iron sights. Really going to enjoy this thing a lot. Put 500 Remington rounds though it without any problems at all. Got my red dot sight on order and it should be here in a couple days.

Well I ended up going with the 10/22, If I was going to do it all over again I would go with the standard size carbine instead of the shorter version. The hi viz sights are fine for 50 yds or less but I thought they were useless for 100 yds

The idea behind this rifle was for appleseed training, wheather I actually attend an appleseed shoot or not I wanted to practice with something affordable and get in the habit of learning proper shooting technique with a sling.

I ended up getting tech sights on the rifle and then putting it in a regular size stock and getting it slung with a cheapo uncle mikes sling attached to the front end. I also put an aluminum keeper on to
help tighten the sling with. I have only had one chance to shoot
from prone with the rifle and sling and although I didnt do great
you can tell immediatly how much improvement there is when
using a good sling.

Heres a target shot from the bench with A&E at 100 yds
100_yd_target.jpg

When I get the chance to shoot again I will post some pics of
targets shot from prone and kneeling.
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom