Groom Shot Dead At Wedding By Uncle's Stray Celebratory Bullet

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...dding-by-uncles-stray-celebratory-bullet.html

A newly-wed groom was accidentally shot dead by his uncle as he fired his gun in the air to celebrate the marriage.

New Delhi - Pankaj Kishore Karotia, 21, was just about to claim his new bride and take her from a wedding reception to her family home when his uncle drew his licensed handgun to fire a final shot in celebration. As he was loading it, it fired accidentally and hit his newly-wed nephew in the head.

The reception party was almost finished when the tragedy happened. His new bride was waiting for him in the car as he died.The groom's father said the uncle was "eager and excited" about the wedding and wanted to fire another shot to make the end of the celebrations.

A police spokesman said "the bullet made a hole in the brain" and confirmed the uncle had been arrested for culpable homicide.

Gunfire has become an increasingly popular celebration custom at lavish Indian weddings in recent years.

Maybe he should have given the gun to a toddler instead. [sad2]

Ref: http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...ad-Idea-To-Give-A-Loaded-Handgun-To-A-Toddler

Stupid, but I wouldn't call India a third world country.

Interesting. It is neither a Western democracy nor a CominBloc country, which how "Third World" was traditionally defined.

While a democracy, and with a good economy, it is still plagued by great poverty, filth and an underwhelming infrastructure (which this country's is rapidly approaching).

How WOULD you classify India?

I call bullshit, for two reasons, based upon the info provided by the writer of the article.

The sub-headline...

A newly-wed groom was accidentally shot dead by his uncle as he fired his gun in the air to celebrate the marriage.

The author wrote... "As he was loading it, it fired accidentally and hit his newly-wed nephew in the head."

So...was the uncle firing it into the air, or loading it?

Also, what handgun can fire while you are "loading it"?

Murder.

Interesting. It is neither a Western democracy nor a CominBloc country, which how "Third World" was traditionally defined.

While a democracy, and with a good economy, it is still plagued by great poverty, filth and an underwhelming infrastructure (which this country's is rapidly approaching).

How WOULD you classify India?

Well it is one of the largest industrialized countries in the world with perhaps the best educated population.

By your definition Japan is a third world country.

My definition is based more on industrialization, education and form of government (democracy/republics etc).

Pretty much any semi-auto, if one is so careless as to depress the trigger when releasing the slide. Stupidity has an incredible ability to overcome almost any obstacle.

Hmm, I have never tried this on the range with live ammo. If you are depressing the trigger while you release the slide, most semi-autos will immediatley discharge when the slide closes?

In dry-fire tests, I have found that doing so on the M&P will not drop the firing pin unless the trigger is released and then pulled again.

Well it is one of the largest industrialized countries in the world with perhaps the best educated population.

By your definition Japan is a third world country.

My definition is based more on industrialization, education and form of government (democracy/republics etc).

A valid analysis, although Japan could be considered in the "Western" column, owing to its status as an ally under US protection (having no full military of its own, just the "defense force").

In many ways, it is an insult to call India a Third World nation; however, geography and economic imbalance do provide a basis.

Hmm, I have never tried this on the range with live ammo. If you are depressing the trigger while you release the slide, most semi-autos will immediatley discharge when the slide closes?

No, because they have trigger disconnector mechanisms that prevent tripping the sear when the slide is out of battery.
Of course, that's if is was a well designed pistol. Who knows what this guy was using.

No matter the safety mechanism on a gun, if you are pulling the trigger while loading....unloading....operating the slide....etc....you are violating the most important safety rule of firearms. Stupid games......stupid prizes

A valid analysis, although Japan could be considered in the "Western" column, owing to its status as an ally under US protection (having no full military of its own, just the "defense force").

In many ways, it is an insult to call India a Third World nation; however, geography and economic imbalance do provide a basis.

all I know is, I get the opportunity to go a couple of times a year and pass on it every time. it's a shithole. disease, poverty, shittin in the same river they're bathing in, no bathrooms, piss in the street, shit in the alley! wipe with your hand and dunk it in the bucket next to the hole in the floor.

no thanks....I sent four employees there last year, they haven't forgiven me yet!

the primary difference i've seen between "first-world" and "third-world" countries is that the common folk in third-world countries have the attitude that certain kinds of labor is simply beneath them because of their social class. india is somewhat like this today because of the caste system it has not fully abandoned. first-world countries have had an industrial revolution and an associated boom in production -- and therefore low prices and a healthy economy -- because factory and mine labor was not considered beneath decent society.

also, this is a tragic story.

all I know is, I get the opportunity to go a couple of times a year and pass on it every time. it's a shithole. disease, poverty, shittin in the same river they're bathing in, no bathrooms, piss in the street, shit in the alley! wipe with your hand and dunk it in the bucket next to the hole in the floor.

no thanks....I sent four employees there last year, they haven't forgiven me yet!

I know someone who went there a year or so ago and had a similar experience.

how did I know this was going to be a third world country?

Sadly this sort of thing is pretty common in some parts of the United States. If you ever happen to be in Yuma, AZ on May 5th I highly recommend staying inside.

I understand where you are coming from, I think one of the problems is the dicotomy between the have and have-nots, and the caste system.

Pretty much any semi-auto, if one is so careless as to depress the trigger when releasing the slide. Stupidity has an incredible ability to overcome almost any obstacle.

What was it Einstein said? Something like "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits." At least he's purported to have said that, he never said it to me. ;)

Stupid, but I wouldn't call India a third world country.

It is, like it or not. When terrorists shoot up Mumbai, and the cops show up with Enfields from when the Brits were still around, yeah, it's third world.

Rapidly developing, but it's still third world.

-Mike

Why are there people shooting at a wedding? Was I armed at mine? Yes. Did the misses know? No. You just need to keep it in the holster! And yes.....Tigger Woods should have done the same! LOL

It is, like it or not. When terrorists shoot up Mumbai, and the cops show up with Enfields from when the Brits were still around, yeah, it's third world.

Rapidly developing, but it's still third world.

-Mike

But they have nukes. They must be a civilized nation, right?

=Palladin;1323522]all I know is, I get the opportunity to go a couple of times a year and pass on it every time. it's a shithole. disease, poverty, shittin in the same river they're bathing in, no bathrooms, piss in the street, shit in the alley! wipe with your hand and dunk it in the bucket next to the hole in the floor.

Anywhere they eat corpses in the belief that ingesting dead flesh will make them ageless and give them supernatural powers is no place for me YUCK! [puke]

http://www.azcentral.com/ent/movies/articles/1028cannibals1028.html?&wired

Back
Top Bottom