• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Greyson Guns & Shooting Range (CT)

DW357

NES Member
Been working in Bridgeport, CT the last few weeks and just found out about Greyson Guns in Orange, CT which happens to be a mile from my hotel in Milford. Stopped by tonight and chatted with the employees about their shooting range and prices etc. Really nice shop with lots of high end pistols (Les Bauer, Ed Brown, Nighthawk etc) and high end ARs and other rifles. Apparently they do steel plate shoots every other Wednesday night. Costs $20. Employee told me I could shoot at their plate shoots even though I'm not a CT resident. As long as I have a MA license I'm good to go.

I'm pissed I found this place the last week I'm here. I could have been shooting after work rather than doing jacks*** at the hotel [rolleyes]. Yes first world problems...

Anyway, just thought I'd mention this place for fellow NESers living in CT or visiting CT.

Last edited:
I'm not disputing what you're saying about them letting you shoot at their range because you have a Mass permit; but your Mass permit means absolutely nothing to a Connecticut cop. Connecticut doesn't recognize any other state's permit. I do believe however that it's fairly easy to obtain a non-resident Connecticut permit, (I cannot speak from direct experience, only from what I've heard/read about this because I'm a Connecticut resident).

http://www.ct.gov/despp/cwp/view.asp?a=4213&q=494614

If you do get a CT permit and bring firearms into CT, pay attention to our "special" laws regarding "high capacity" magazines and "assault weapons"...

I'm not disputing what you're saying about them letting you shoot at their range because you have a Mass permit; but your Mass permit means absolutely nothing to a Connecticut cop. Connecticut doesn't recognize any other state's permit. I do believe however that it's fairly easy to obtain a non-resident Connecticut permit, (I cannot speak from direct experience, only from what I've heard/read about this because I'm a Connecticut resident).

http://www.ct.gov/despp/cwp/view.asp?a=4213&q=494614

If you do get a CT permit and bring firearms into CT, pay attention to our "special" laws regarding "high capacity" magazines and "assault weapons"...

Oh I know that it means nothing in CT. It definitely would be a gamble on my end to bring a handgun into CT without a CT nonresident license. I would make sure to keep it in a locked box buried in my work gear bag. I got bigger issues going on if a CT cop is searching my car lol.
But I'm in the process of getting my license, just waiting on my buddy to get me my NRA certificate to submit to CT state police.

If I do end up bringing my gun to one of these plate shoots, I would also make sure to bring cripple mags (which is all I have except for 15 rd mags for my CZ75b).

They're all great guys, but they wouldn't let me rent a long gun and shoot there on a MA license :( I go to school about 5 minutes down the road, so it's the perfect spot.

They're all great guys, but they wouldn't let me rent a long gun and shoot there on a MA license :( I go to school about 5 minutes down the road, so it's the perfect spot.

Interesting. They didn't even hesitate when I asked about shooting there if I'm from MA.

That's weird. I might go back after Thanksgiving break. I need to cough up the cash for a CT permit

Nice. I submitted my application back in September but they sent it back because by basic handgun safety certificate wasn't sufficient. So I'm in the process of getting the NRA LTC-002 course certificate from my friend who teaches the class.

Well if I'm back down here again in the future, maybe I'll send you a PM to see if you wanted to meet up at the range.

Nice. I submitted my application back in September but they sent it back because by basic handgun safety certificate wasn't sufficient. So I'm in the process of getting the NRA LTC-002 course certificate from my friend who teaches the class.

Well if I'm back down here again in the future, maybe I'll send you a PM to see if you wanted to meet up at the range.
Definitely!

They got a plate shoot tomorrow night starting at 7, registration at 630. This should be a lot more fun than sitting in the hotel room watching TV.

Back
Top Bottom