Greetings from Ashland

Just wanted to say. I've been here for a few months and found a lot of great information. I am in Ashland have been waiting 9+weeks for my LTC. Hopefully will be here this week sometime. Just want to thank everyone who posts all this great information. Going green now too

Welcome to the group. Excellent choice on going green! You got a couple great clubs right down the street from you. Hopkinton Sportsman and Southborough R&G. If you'd like a tour of either/both gimme a shout. I'm at both a couple times a week.
-Brian

Welcome to NES

Glad you decided to go
GREEN!

Can always use more members from the Metro West area! I'm in Framingham.

Good luck with your LTC! & start saving... A firearms hobby is addictive!

I'm in Ashland too. Just joined SRGC a couple of weeks ago.

Welcome to the group. Excellent choice on going green! You got a couple great clubs right down the street from you. Hopkinton Sportsman and Southborough R&G. If you'd like a tour of either/both gimme a shout. I'm at both a couple times a week.
-Brian

That sounds great. Was going to join one of those clubs as they are so close. Do you like one better (Also addressed to LuvDog why did you chose SRGC)? I am thinking of getting into IDPA. I may join Worcester or Harvard sportsmen clubs as well. Do either of those clubs have any IDPA? I'm mostly going to be shooting handguns but a longer range rifle range would be great too.

The only good thing about having to wait so long was I get to save a lot. I have a list a mile long of guns that I am going to buy. Gonna try to spread it out evenly to keep fulfilling that urge. Trying not to get divorced or bankrupt in the first year[smile]

Welcome and thanks for going green to support this forum. My work takes me to Ashland several days
a week. Like it out there.

Just wanted to say. I've been here for a few months and found a lot of great information. I am in Ashland have been waiting 9+weeks for my LTC. Hopefully will be here this week sometime. Just want to thank everyone who posts all this great information. Going green now too
Welcome

I got my permit in Ashland a few weeks ago . It took about 17 weeks

Welcome

I got my permit in Ashland a few weeks ago . It took about 17 weeks

I saw your posts. How long for you to get an "interview." Was that included in your 17 weeks? Really hoping it doesn't take that long. As I keep seeing people get them in 5-6 weeks.

That sounds great. Was going to join one of those clubs as they are so close. Do you like one better (Also addressed to LuvDog why did you chose SRGC)? I am thinking of getting into IDPA. I may join Worcester or Harvard sportsmen clubs as well. Do either of those clubs have any IDPA? I'm mostly going to be shooting handguns but a longer range rifle range would be great too.

The only good thing about having to wait so long was I get to save a lot. I have a list a mile long of guns that I am going to buy. Gonna try to spread it out evenly to keep fulfilling that urge. Trying not to get divorced or bankrupt in the first year[smile]

Pluses and Minuses to both! I like that SRG has the target holders. I like that HSA has the plates and the indoor range is great. The folks at both are just great. Doesn't cost much, thus a member at both! Shoot me a PM when you got some time and I'll bring you around.
-Brian

PS, spread it around, LOL, nah, you're gonna be like a kid in a candy shop! I'll take one of these and one of those, better make it 2 of them just to be on the safe side! LOL!

Pluses and Minuses to both! I like that SRG has the target holders. I like that HSA has the plates and the indoor range is great. The folks at both are just great. Doesn't cost much, thus a member at both! Shoot me a PM when you got some time and I'll bring you around.
-Brian

PS, spread it around, LOL, nah, you're gonna be like a kid in a candy shop! I'll take one of these and one of those, better make it 2 of them just to be on the safe side! LOL!

Thanks for the info. Will want to check out both then. I got lucky and without knowing it picked a good spot to buy a house.

Honestly I can't wait. Already have a deposit on my first gun and all the parts minus the lower for an AR build. Then add about 10 other guns to the list and then what ever I see the day I go to get my first gun and add that all up and it's going to equal me sleeping on the couch for a couple of weeks but it will all be worth it I think.

Thanks for the info. Will want to check out both then. I got lucky and without knowing it picked a good spot to buy a house.

Honestly I can't wait. Already have a deposit on my first gun and all the parts minus the lower for an AR build. Then add about 10 other guns to the list and then what ever I see the day I go to get my first gun and add that all up and it's going to equal me sleeping on the couch for a couple of weeks but it will all be worth it I think.

Save some money for ammunition!!! Not as fun to have a gun w/o shooting it...

I saw your posts. How long for you to get an "interview." Was that included in your 17 weeks? Really hoping it doesn't take that long. As I keep seeing people get them in 5-6 weeks.

Ashland does not take long at all to set up an interview, and sometimes it can be scheduled on the spot if the right officer is on duty at the time, otherwise, there could be a wait of up to 3 days or so.

Glad to have another member part of the community, I'll probably be following you going green soon enough. Have you gotten your first firearm yet?

-BR

It took 17 weeks from the day I was interviewed and fingerprinted . The 2 officers that handle to permit paperwork are nice and make it pretty quick to get an interview.

I don't recall exactly how many weeks it took for my LTC to come in after the interview, but it was probably 17-18 weeks. The licensing officers in Ashland are great and very easy to talk to.

As for SRGC verses Hopkinton. There are pluses and minuses to each. I chose SRGc because, at the time,it was actually right on my way to and from work. I also know a member there already.

Now that I've changed jobs, Hopkinton is actually closer to my commute, so I am going to check it out too.

Yea I got my interview the day I called. Was a bit surprised but they told me to come right down. Seemed easy enough. So it seems like I have another 6-7 weeks to wait.

Guess that is more time to save.

Business as usual for Ashland.

Hey Rob, Do you know if a 16 week wiat from interview to license issue normal for Ashland?

Will sorry I missed your post but will take you up on that offer once I get my LTC. I keep hearing good things about Harvard. Thanks.

Last edited:
Hey Rob, Do you know if a 16 week wiat from interview to license issue normal for Ashland?

Will sorry I missed your post but will take you up on that offer once I get my LTC. I keep hearing good things about Harvard. Thanks.

I believe they wait till they get a bunch and then send them in. So if you were towards the end of their batch, then it may be shorter.

It seems a bit long, however, I don't believe that Ashland introduces any significant delay on their end. It's certainly long enough that it would not be impolite to drop an email to the licensing officer who took your application (email addresses at http://www.ashlandpd.org/apd-roll-call) and ask.

It seems a bit long, however, I don't believe that Ashland introduces any significant delay on their end. It's certainly long enough that it would not be impolite to drop an email to the licensing officer who took your application (email addresses at http://www.ashlandpd.org/apd-roll-call) and ask.

Thanks for the link Rob. Will probably email them. I've been trying not to contact them asking about my license, but I feel like at 10 weeks it would be OK. I keep telling myself to stop thinking about it and it comes when it comes but you know, that doesn't work.

Luvdog

I've heard some departments do that. I hope I got in the end if Ashland does do that.

Hoping you finally got your license in. I'm in Ashland too and I'm just about ready to call to set up an appointment. On APD's site I saw that I need two letters of reference. Is that new or did you have to do that?

2 letters of reference isn't new... they've been doing it for a while

Hoping you finally got your license in. I'm in Ashland too and I'm just about ready to call to set up an appointment. On APD's site I saw that I need two letters of reference. Is that new or did you have to do that?

It's been 15 weeks and counting. Had to do two letters of reference. A little upset that I missed hunting season because of it but what can I do. I've just had to sit back and wait although I am getting pretty frustrated. So be prepared. You'll walk right in for the interview but to get the license in hand is a different story.

Back
Top Bottom