green friendly towns

mac1911

NES Member
With a recent discussion with friends, Is there a green friendly town list of massachusetts?

since this post is in the NFA section I would assume when you say green friendly you are referring to "green card" machine gun license friendly towns?

the link provided refers to green friendly as "all lawful purpose" LTC friendly towns and I dont think has any consideration for machine gun licenses or green cards. Not sure if there is a machine gun friendly list at this time for the various towns. Just curious what you mean by green friendly since you posed the question in the NFA section.

Rob

mac1911 knows this is the NFA section and is refering to the old MA MG green card.

John, no there is no current list of MA MG friendly towns that I'm aware of. A CLEO or his firearm officer will most likely scrutinize MG applications more closely than a LTC-A.
I recommend you contact Atty. Joe Hickson (jhickson here) if you have any problems and also to set up a NFA Trust.
Adam

your right Adam.

its been my experience as a green card holder and a Cop that some CLEOS believe it or not do not even know the laws regarding MG ownership in MA let alone issuing a MG license to someone. My Chief seriously did not know about them years back when I got mine. I was the only one in my town with one.

They do also as Adam said scrutinize the process and the individual much more when it comes to getting green cards. Matter a fact I know some Chiefs who refuse to issue them and some that do want in depth information on what the person is getting and how they plan to store it and where they plan to shoot it.

either way its certainly possible for green cards to be acquired in MA but as others have stated it can be a tad tougher than getting an LTC.

Rob

I'd second the above post that many Chiefs have little to no knowledge of the Massachusetts laws on MG laws.

Saying it would be "a tad tougher" is "little" bit of an understatement. I know some chiefs who are the greenest of green when it comes to issuing LTC-A's but won't go near MG licensing for the simple reason that since so few are issued, they see it as a severe career liability should something happen.

Back
Top Bottom