MA NFA Green card question

I have my green card and am awaiting Form 4s, but I was wondering - what happens if the politics in my town change and the COP decides that they won't renew my green card? What options do I have? Would it still be possible to sell the item to someone else? (With the wait times on form 4s, I tend to doubt it) or would my only option be surrendering a registered MG to the ATF? (Tragic and expensive?)

a dealer with an SOT can take the machine guns in two ways
1) for gunsmithing, no ATF forms though I have been told at least once they "recommend" a form 5
2) on a form 3 which is essentially immediate (couple days)

case (1) then the path is to return to you when gunsmithing is done (guns cleaned or whatever) which would occur when you get your green card back

case (2) would require a new form 4 to go to you or someone else or form 3 to another dealer (out of state sale)

So case (2) means you are planning to give them up (sell). case (1) is you think you can resolve things and get them back

1) for gunsmithing, no ATF forms though I have been told at least once they "recommend" a form 5

case (1) then the path is to return to you when gunsmithing is done (guns cleaned or whatever) which would occur when you get your green card back

case (2) would require a new form 4 to go to you or someone else or form 3 to another dealer (out of state sale)

So case (2) means you are planning to give them up (sell). case (1) is you think you can resolve things and get them back
Thanks this is super helpful! It's nice to know that there's a possible backup plan.

Don't live in the "what if" world. Wait to see if it actually happens. Jack.
You're right, I tend to overthink things. Thanks!!

After that it's lawsuit time.

Back
Top Bottom