• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Green 1911PD

I got this PD in trade and it was well used so figured it was a good candidate for a redo. The frame was bead blasted and striped of original black and re anodized in green. I refinished some of the small parts and reassembled.

79f8c0bcf785fff7f70992200e7177a1.jpg

Last edited:
At first I was like "man, that frame is a terrible black color", then I read the description. I like it! One thing though. You forgot to install the idiot scratch.

This message brought to you by the letter T and the number 9.

Hardcoat ?

Used to make deep see submersible parts that were hard coated. They were durable as heck, but may be too thick for firearms.

Last edited:
Hardcoat ?

Used to make deep see submersible parts that were hard coated. They were durable as heck, but may be too thick for firearms.

I thought about hardcoat but it adds about .002 to every surface and I was concerned that the pins would not fit after. Also scandium alloy is basically 7075 aluminum and that can be tricky to hardcoat because it has a tendency to burn in the tank during the process. could be why S&W doesn't use it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom