Great quote from Cockrum v. State

I was surfing for some new quotes for the sig line and I found this one - thought I would share it with everybody.

"The right of a citizen to bear arms, in lawful defense of himself or the State, is absolute. He does not derive it from the State government. It is one of the "high powers" delegated directly to the citizen, and is excepted out of the general powers of government.' A law cannot be passed to infringe upon or impair it, because it is above the law, and independent of the lawmaking power."

Cockrum v. State 1859

I was surfing for some new quotes for the sig line and I found this one - thought I would share it with everybody.

"The right of a citizen to bear arms, in lawful defense of himself or the State, is absolute. He does not derive it from the State government. It is one of the "high powers" delegated directly to the citizen, and is excepted out of the general powers of government.' A law cannot be passed to infringe upon or impair it, because it is above the law, and independent of the lawmaking power."

Cockrum v. State 1859

As it should be....but probably never will be unless SHTF......

Back
Top Bottom