Great Intro to USPSA Video

Nice job Dan and crew.

For those of you that haven't tried it... it's a lot more fun doing it than watching it! Plus, you can imagine all the fun we have ribbing each other. I can't wait for the spring!

I've thought about it. Not sure what I would shoot. I assume there is a single-stack friendly class for 1911s? I skimmed some of the rules recently, but somethings were unclear to me.

Wow awesome job guys, very professional and shows what a jewel HSC is in this hell hole of a state.

What ruger guns are used competitively in USPSA?

Wow awesome job guys, very professional and shows what a jewel HSC is in this hell hole of a state.

What ruger guns are used competitively in USPSA?

Plenty of them- check out the website. Revos and semiautos. Ruger seems to be more interested in supporting action shooting recently... certainly locally.

Very cool!
I live in metro boston, but this could be the push I need to get myself a car [laugh]
If watching it was that much fun, participating can only be that much better.
Since I've never met anyone on here, were there a few NES'rs in the video?

Very cool!
I live in metro boston, but this could be the push I need to get myself a car [laugh]
If watching it was that much fun, participating can only be that much better.
Since I've never met anyone on here, were there a few NES'rs in the video?

There are USPSA matches at BGR in Dorchester over the winter. There's a thread about them here somewhere. Note that space is limited, so you have to pre sign-up.

There are more than a few NESrs in the video. I counted at least 10, and that was without freeze-framing the crowd shots.

I've thought about it. Not sure what I would shoot. I assume there is a single-stack friendly class for 1911s? I skimmed some of the rules recently, but somethings were unclear to me.

Major caliber are limited to 8 rounds in the magazine, .40 is the floor for Major. Minor caliber (9MM etc) can load 10 in a magazine, but, you take a hit on points. That's for Single Stack division. Limited 10 is 10 rounds max in a mag, regardless of Major/Minor.
Single Stack is a bit more restrictive on your holster and it's placement, and placement of mag pouches on the belt.
Some of us were wondering on what was going on with the serious video equipment when we shot on Sunday. Nice video!

Major caliber are limited to 8 rounds in the magazine, .40 is the floor for Major. Minor caliber (9MM etc) can load 10 in a magazine, but, you take a hit on points. That's for Single Stack division. Limited 10 is 10 rounds max in a mag, regardless of Major/Minor.
Single Stack is a bit more restrictive on your holster and it's placement, and placement of mag pouches on the belt.
Some of us were wondering on what was going on with the serious video equipment when we shot on Sunday. Nice video!
I'll bring my IDPA holster and mag pouches, so I assume that will suffice.

For IPSC, though, I assume I'll need more mag pouches? Will four suffice with 8 round mags? Sorry for the stupid questions...

For IPSC, though, I assume I'll need more mag pouches? Will four suffice with 8 round mags?

It will if you don't need extra shoots, But if SS, you will want atleast 6. If you are moving you are reloading.

For IPSC, though, I assume I'll need more mag pouches? Will four suffice with 8 round mags? Sorry for the stupid questions...

I run 4 on the belt for production (10 round mags). It's pretty rare than I use the 4th one, but it has happened. With 8 round mags I agree with Supermoto, 6 is good. You'll only use 5 and 6 on longer stages so it's not the end of the world to use a cheap crappy one you have lying around to start out. Once you're hooked, new pouches will be the least of your worries equipment expense wise.

4 is the very minimum, plus a mag to start the stage with. 6 pouches will be handy on some of the long field courses. Unlike most, that use a "Barney" mag, I take a full mag that's in my back pocket, load the chamber and add a round to the mag. That way, I know the gun is loaded with the maximum amount of ammo.
The holster must position the pistol so the entire front strap is above the belt. No drop holsters in Single Stack.

His IDPA holster should be good to go, the IDPA rule is breechface must be at or above the center of the belt. I don't have a 1911 handy to measure, but that sounds pretty close. USPSA allows the mag and holster in prod and ss to be slightly farther forward than IDPA does (USPSA- hip bone, IDPA centerline). When I first started shooting USPSA, I shifted my mags forward, but I found that I repeatedly skipped the first mag anyway.

Was that Todd Jarret in the Strike Force shirt?

Todd didn't shoot the match, so, no it wasn't him. The entire video was at the Sectional.
Manny shot the match on Saturday. He wasn't in it either. The video is all of the "normal" ( I use the term very loosely!) folks that shoot USPSA.

Todd didn't shoot the match, so, no it wasn't him. The entire video was at the Sectional.
Manny shot the match on Saturday. He wasn't in it either. The video is all of the "normal" ( I use the term very loosely!) folks that shoot USPSA.

No No. I think that was the guys name "Strike Force". Love that name - kinda 50's movie retro. "Hi the name's Strike - Strike Force"

Last edited:
Hi, My Name is Hard- Hard Reign

Picture5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom