• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

GRANITE STATE RANGE (Nashua) $10 Father's Day Week & JUNE SPECIALS

Seems like a nice facility, but I've had feedback from people bitching about this rule, not sure if they still have a massive murderboner about this or not....

1. ONE SECOND RULE applies. Do not shoot faster than 1 second between shots.

I'm pretty slow (compared to others) and it'd still be trivially easy to violate this rule, particularly when trying to shoot things like a mozambique or just pairs of shots.

Not sure how rigidly it is enforced, but not something I'd want to deal with.

Probably not an issue though if you are trying to use the place to help novices, etc.

-Mike

One second rule hasn't been applied while I was there. I usually go through about 5 mags at a normal pace then do a mag dump. They leave me alone but I also keep all shots on paper.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Seems like a nice facility, but I've had feedback from people bitching about this rule, not sure if they still have a massive murderboner about this or not....
I'm pretty slow (compared to others) and it'd still be trivially easy to violate this rule, particularly when trying to shoot things like a mozambique or just pairs of shots.

Not sure how rigidly it is enforced, but not something I'd want to deal with.

Probably not an issue though if you are trying to use the place to help novices, etc.

-Mike
Almost every range (particularly the public ones) seems to have this rule in place. So it's not like they are unique.

I've shot there 3 times and never seen anyone asked to slow down. There were definitely people shooting faster than once per second. I certainly shot several double taps.

But the rule DID seem to prevent people from going <bang><bang><bang><bang><bang><bang><bang><bang><bang><bang> to empty in 3 seconds. Which is probably the goal of the rule.

Don't push it and you'll be fine.

Almost every range (particularly the public ones) seems to have this rule in place. So it's not like they are unique.

I've shot there 3 times and never seen anyone asked to slow down. There were definitely people shooting faster than once per second. I certainly shot several double taps.

But the rule DID seem to prevent people from going <bang><bang><bang><bang><bang><bang><bang><bang><bang><bang> to empty in 3 seconds. Which is probably the goal of the rule.

Don't push it and you'll be fine.

But what if I -want- to do a mag dump? (not something I usually do, but typically when testing a new gun I'll at least do a few to test out how the thing works under duress).

They are unique in the respect that a lot of other ranges will place qualifiers on that statement- EG, the better facilities don't care as long as your shots are on the paper and aren't hitting the floor, ceiling, walls, or someone else's targets.

I don't have any problem with a range kicking someone out that can't keep shots on paper, but usually when I see the rule stated the way they have it, that's usually a red flag. Perhaps they should modify the rule to reflect reality.

-Mike

But what if I -want- to do a mag dump? (not something I usually do, but typically when testing a new gun I'll at least do a few to test out how the thing works under duress).

They are unique in the respect that a lot of other ranges will place qualifiers on that statement- EG, the better facilities don't care as long as your shots are on the paper and aren't hitting the floor, ceiling, walls, or someone else's targets.

I don't have any problem with a range kicking someone out that can't keep shots on paper, but usually when I see the rule stated the way they have it, that's usually a red flag. Perhaps they should modify the rule to reflect reality.

-Mike

When I first went there, I asked about the rule. They seemed to indicate that if they could see you knew what you were doing, they pretty much left you alone.

There's an RO on duty, and I'm sure if you told him you wanted to do a mag dump to check functionality, he'd be OK with it.

They have a pretty nice target return system, and I think the rules are there to protect the system from Junior Rambo's trying to impress their squeezes.

Love this place, broke the 1 second rule once or twice, at the most only shot 2 rounds back to back, and didnt have anyone up my but.

I recommend this range, especially with their gun rental same caliber pricing.

This is the reason I recommend GSIR to all my NRA BP classes, despite it being farther than MFL. It's just ridiculously easy to check out a number of guns for a damn reasonable price

Don't recall seeing this the last time I looked at the range rules. Considering that GSIR now rents full-auto carbines and rifles, I wouldn't worry about rapid fire, assuming that you don't shoot any faster than you can control your shots. I've had to pause classes a couple of times while somebody does a 2-second magazine dump. And, yes, 300 blackout is OK.

Ken

The only thing most of these ranges really care about is that some A-Hole doesn't off themselves there.

Who wants to mop that up ?

Don't belong to a club with a range ? Looking for a place to shoot indoors that is clean and convenient ? Here you go....

http://www.granitestaterange.com/

nice gun range , i wish that they have a 200/300 yards range so i can shoot my 308 [smile] . 20 dollars a day to shoot there is not that bad. if i ever win megamillion or powerball i will open a 1000 yards gun range , with a strip club in there , where people can shoot then watch the stripper do pole dancing and stufff..... [laugh2]

I just went there for the first time about two weeks ago, and went back this past Sunday. Good place, helpful and rather friendly service. Weekends will be busy so be prepared to wait for a lane...at $20 a pop for as long as you want to shoot it's not a bad deal.

Granite State forbids STEEL CASE ammo.

Cases just fall on the floor after firing.

Why would any range have this rule ?

15 bucks..for LEO or Military, staff pretty much leaves you alone, one gripe i did have was with a younger employee, i requested to have a new piece of cardboard for the target backing as mine was so shot up..the only place to staple it was the top right corner and even that wasn't enough, the kid working as RSO said no like flat out..i should've complained but, i give place 3 strikes before i do..and that was only 1

rttc_nh41952-1.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg

I finally shot my Romanian Tokarev over at Granite State Range yesterday.

I thought the Father's Day Special meant I'd pay $10 instead of the usual $20. WRONG. As a Father I shot for FREE !

Nice Range, Nice People, and Nice Pistol.

My Tokarev functioned exactly as it is supposed to, with Prvi Partizan brass cased ammo.

It felt good in my hand, and comfortable shooting either one-handed or both. Hardly any recoil, and accurate. It may be my favorite shooter !

Back
Top Bottom