• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

GPS on ice for ice fishing

deerdad

NES Member
I know there was a posting about this at some point and can't remember what it was. It would show your position via GPS out on a frozen body of water and was geared more to ice fishing but it would also work as long as you could get out on open water too. I want to say it incorporated depth maps but it wasn't just the plain depth maps that you can print out. Anyone remember this?

I use Navionics

No, thats not it. It was something specific for ice fishing and you could use any gps to pinpoint where you were on a body of water. It was some app that you could download that would allow you to get over drop offs or find deeper holes and that's all I can remember about it. It covered MA lakes and ponds but wasn't part of the state depth charts you see online. I wish I had bookmarked it when Isaw it 1 or 2 years ago.

No, thats not it. It was something specific for ice fishing and you could use any gps to pinpoint where you were on a body of water. It was some app that you could download that would allow you to get over drop offs or find deeper holes and that's all I can remember about it. It covered MA lakes and ponds but wasn't part of the state depth charts you see online. I wish I had bookmarked it when Isaw it 1 or 2 years ago.
That App I linked does exactly that.

All the NH ponds/lakes have PDF depth maps.
Depth Maps of Selected NH Lakes and Ponds | Maps | New Hampshire Fish and Game Department

You can load any PDF map into the Avenza Maps app and save locations. Two versions of Avenza-the free one will only let you keep 3 maps.

Some screenshots from a past life:

I also use it with local topo maps in PDF.
IMG-1146.png

IMG-1133.png

Back
Top Bottom