Gov Christie could have added a conservative to the senate to help on gun control

Instead he does this.
Christie, widely considered a strong GOP contender in the 2016 race for the White House, had the option to appoint someone to serve through 2014, the end of Lautenberg’s term. But will hold a special election in October.

Do you think a liberal Democrat would have taken the same action?

He's a bigger RINO than McCain, Snow, and any together you can think of put together. (door opened...)

Christie isn't a liberal democrat?

i understand that. My point is democrats would never lose the chance of control and would place another liberal to replace Lautenberg not have a special election. Christie had the chance to place a conservative in the seante until 2014 adding another crucial vote for the replublicans instead he choose to have the special election and lose that control.

The first rule of a politician is to get re-elected. He is the governor of New Jersey, which is not exactly a conservative stronghold. Appointing a conservative to the Senate would come back to haunt him if he runs again in New Jersey.

He is NO conservative
He is not just "not conservative" he is openly "anti-gun".

I am amazed people still don't get this about him...

He has no shot at the presidency, it is only the liberal media who love him for the possibility of electing another democrat who claims to be a republican.

This protects his generously sized backside. Having a special election in October, off cycle with his November governor's race election eliminates the possibility that Corry Booker, the popular black mayor of the most violent city in America, name will be on he same ballot. Cory was expected to energize the liberal and black base so Christie gets to hide from it.

Simple politics as usual

Christie is dead to me. He would be eaten alive in the GOP primaries, and he knows it.

He will forever be a big fish swimming in the small pond/cesspool of NJ.

His act to not bolster the Senate with a reasoned voice is disgusting, but hardly unexpected.

But you want to know what, this is what ANY politician should do ALL of the time. He actually did the honest and right thing. He applied the law in a manner than benefitted the democratic process.

That is not lost on me. By default I believe any "conservative" MUST by default be pro 2nd Amendment

He is not just "not conservative" he is openly "anti-gun".

I am amazed people still don't get this about him...

He has no shot at the presidency, it is only the liberal media who love him for the possibility of electing another democrat who claims to be a republican.

But you want to know what, this is what ANY politician should do ALL of the time. He actually did the honest and right thing. He applied the law in a manner than benefitted the democratic process.
True, but I think it safe to say that he didn't do it because he is Washington reincarnated. He did it for the selfish reasons already enumerated, but more importantly, it doesn't matter what he did here because he doesn't know that he works for us if he wants to ban guns and doesn't have a problem with NJ's gun apartheid (which he does not, he has said so expressly).

The only mistake here is people expecting him to do something for anyone but himself.

Everything Christy does is for Christy. If it isn't good for him he ain't gonna do it Pandering, Narcissistic pussy really. He has a lot in common with his new girlfriend in fact. I hear she keeps her stuffed animal close by at night. ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom