Gov. Baker's AWB opinion

Baker is suppose to be on the Hillman morning show on 107.3 waaf tomorrow at 7:20. The hosts are already planning to call him out on the ban. Hopefully alot of angry callers get through too.

Awesome! Hopefully Greg and LB light him up. They are big 2a. Maybe they'll have Matt light with them.

Ditto!

I don't smoke / consume it but was more than happy to support the hempsters in their pursuit of buzz. Not any more. Scorched earth, all the way! Besides, legalization will take all of the fun out of it for Skysoldier.

+1 I'm going to have to get on board too.

Baker is an absolute disgrace. He said he believes Healy has the authority to do it and basically agrees with the assault weapons ban. And won't do anything about it except for he wants her to create a list of banned Guns.

Yeah it was a complete cop out answer, and he didn't have any sort of retort to Danielle's comment about what an Assault weapon is... All he could say, was if a Colt handgun is on the list I would have issue.

He's a disgrace, and he won't admit that he doesn't like scary looking rifles just like every over cuck republican.

Wow. Out yourself thread indeed. Voting against legalizing weed because you think it's a liberal agenda means you are not about being free, it means you are about haves and have nots.

Regulating the consumption of a plant that grows is just as egregious as any challenge to 2A.

I'm not a doper, but the government machine amassed against this plant is one of its most massive machines ... The ban on weed is not about public safety any more than "common sense gun control" is, it's about government control of the people and amassing of power and authority and overreach and funding.

So to the users of both "vices" the enemy is the same and the fight is the same.

i'll repeat what i said in another thread, they don't give a shit about our rights, the best way to deal with these *******s is to move.

JimB

Here we go with the "just move" BS if people in NH etc.. think this will not be coming their way, they are sleeping. NH has D as governor a few transplants from NY, NJ, and MA run for office get elected and boom welcome to the world of mass.

Last edited:
so baker is looking for a new job when the election come around? He only won because of gun owners...talk about biting the hand that feeds you.

He only had 40,165 more votes than Coakley. 109,345 voted for other than the two main parties.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Baker

Massachusetts Gubernatorial Election, 2014

PartyCandidateVotes%RepublicanCharlie Baker/Karyn Polito1,044,573 48.4%
DemocraticMartha Coakley/Steve Kerrigan1,004,408 46.5%
United IndependentEvan Falchuk/Angus Jennings71,814 3.3%
IndependentScott Lively/Shelly Saunders19,378 0.9%
IndependentJeff McCormick/Tracy Post16,295 0.8%
Write-insAll others1,858 0.1%

Last edited:
Here we go with the "just move" BS if people in NH etc.. think this will not be coming there way, they are sleeping. NH has D as governor a few transplants from NY, NJ, and MA run for office get elected and boom welcome to the world of mass.

FYI, people, Healey was born and I am assuming raised, in New Hampshire. You can run, from the fight that is coming, but you can't hide forever.

Did anyone pay attention to the hypocritical letter?

Charlie Baker said:
"I support the assault weapons ban that has been in place for nearly 20 years here in Massachusetts and support our country's Second Amendment,"

He apparently does not know the definition of words like "shall", "not" and "infringed" .

None of this is news to me. WAAF had him on a few months ago and someone called and asked what he thought about repealing the AWB and he said that he was good with having an AWB.

I am sure that this has been in the works for months and that he knew about it then.

I've got an opinion myself on Governor Baker! But being a Christian man, I can not print it here.

If you meet him and engage in a discussion, it will be easy to see what type of person he is.

Charlie Baker stands for himself, and will twist and contort to serve his needs.

He won't take a stand on something that will not benefit him going forward....EVER.

Wow. Out yourself thread indeed. Voting against legalizing weed because you think it's a liberal agenda means you are not about being free, it means you are about haves and have nots.

Regulating the consumption of a plant that grows is just as egregious as any challenge to 2A.

I'm not a doper, but the government machine amassed against this plant is one of its most massive machines ... The ban on weed is not about public safety any more than "common sense gun control" is, it's about government control of the people and amassing of power and authority and overreach and funding.

So to the users of both "vices" the enemy is the same and the fight is the same.

agree 100%

****ing outstanding !!!!!!!!!!

Either you are with "us" or against us. I felt the same way about gay marriage. No problem at all with it personally, but it was a libtard agenda item. I am not going to vote for things that make them happy when they spend so much energy trying to F me over.

As long as they are fighting for THEIR rights, they may be too busy to attack mine. Notice how now that the gay marriage and tranny bathroom shit is settled in their favor, they now ban AR-15s and immediately violate OUR rights!

F them and their dope. As long as the cops are busy locking up dope heads, they will have enough stats so they don't have to start locking up us to justify their existence.

"Out yourself" indeed. Use your noodle instead of frying it with THC. The words "cuckold" and "collaborator" come to mind

Last edited:
Either you are with "us" or against us. I felt the same way about gay marriage. No problem at all with it personally, but it was a libtard agenda item. I am not going to vote for things that make them happy when they spend so much energy trying to F me over.

As long as they are fighting for THEIR rights, they may be too busy to attack mine. Notice how now that the gay marriage and tranny bathroom shit is settled in their favor, they now ban AR-15s and immediately violate OUR rights!

F them and their dope. As long as the cops are busy locking up dope heads, they will have enough stats so they don't have to start locking up us to justify their existence.

"Out yourself" indeed. Use your noodle instead of frying it with THC. The words "cuckold" and "collaborator" come to mind

Yup. This is a little deeper than just smoking some dope. Many of these same people stand with Maura. Screw them unless they want to stand with us.

Guy's , who gives a crap about dope.
Let's try and focus or your going to find yourself staring at an empty safe or a metal bunk in a 6x6 room.

Nobody gives a crap about dope. It should never have been illegal in the first place.

My argument is that legalizing dope is like exempting congress from Obama care. It's all or nothing in my book. Just because Obama care sucks, doesn't mean that certain people should be exempt from it.

Weed legalization is primarily a libtard cause. I don't smoke it, so "why does anyone NEED" to smoke a joint? F them and their pot. When the left starts respecting my civil rights, I will respect theirs

I always vote for freedom, if you can't see how gun control and the war on drugs are related you aren't pay attention.

And again, almost all of the political leadership (including baker and Healy) are strongly opposed to legalization. You want to hand them another "victory."

For me, the war of drugs (restricting adults from what they put in their bodies) is as egregious as gun control (disarming citizens).

Yeah it was a complete cop out answer, and he didn't have any sort of retort to Danielle's comment about what an Assault weapon is... All he could say, was if a Colt handgun is on the list I would have issue.

He's a disgrace, and he won't admit that he doesn't like scary looking rifles just like every over cuck republican.

What a moron this a** clown governor is. New production Colt handguns aren't allowed to be sold in Massachusetts!!! He's just a complete and utter Jack a**. He literally knows nothing about the entire subject of guns.

He's got to go.
I'm tired of hearing urrmygod what if a democrat gets elected.
Ya someone who would rubber stamp violating constitutonal rights would be a huge difference from what we have
now. [rolleyes]
I have more respect for her, at least she's true to her values as shitty as they may be.
He turned on the people who voted him in at the drop of a hat.

Since this thread has been on the topic of drugs, did anyone realize that MA state trooper Thomas Clardy was killed on the mass pike earlier this year by a driver who was high on marijuana and was coming from a dispensary earlier that day?? Anyone wanna guess how many laws got re-interpreted following that tragedy?... Zero. As a matter of fact I'm not aware that one term chuck or saddam Healy did anything other than attend the funeral. The man was an LEO who had a wife and 6 or 7 kids, gets nailed by some dope head, and no one in the bean counting office on beacon hill does a goddamn thing when they voted to decriminalize the drug that lead to his death!! But yet they try to ban semi-auto rifles from law abiding citizens with a constitutional right.

Since this thread has been on the topic of drugs, did anyone realize that MA state trooper Thomas Clardy was killed on the mass pike earlier this year by a driver who was high on marijuana and was coming from a dispensary earlier that day?? Anyone wanna guess how many laws got re-interpreted following that tragedy?... Zero. As a matter of fact I'm not aware that one term chuck or saddam Healy did anything other than attend the funeral. The man was an LEO who had a wife and 6 or 7 kids, gets nailed by some dope head, and no one in the bean counting office on beacon hill does a goddamn thing when they voted to decriminalize the drug that lead to his death!! But yet they try to ban semi-auto rifles from law abiding citizens with a constitutional right.

You know that alcohol causes more deaths than all illegal drugs combined, right? So, while that death is tragic, it's really not a strong argument for criminalization, unless you think booze should be banned too?

And by the way, baker has been all over this case

e402b7305c566cc0ad21c22853019adb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know that alcohol causes more deaths than all illegal drugs combined, right? So, while that death is tragic, it's really not a strong argument for criminalization, unless you think booze should be banned too?

And by the way, baker has been all over this case

I'm well aware of the damage alcohol can cause and I think the laws regarding drinking and driving are a joke. While I don't think that marijuana is necessarily worse than alcohol, and there's arguments to be made that legalizing marijuana would have some benefits, decriminalizing it is probably worse than legalizing it completely and regulating it on the state level, making it similar to buying a pack of cigarettes. I don't smoke marijuana, but legalizing and regulating it's sale would earn revenue for the state, put a lot of drug dealers out of business, and remove some of the taboo/forbidden fruit aspect to it that no doubt draws a lot of people to use it in the first place. Decriminalizing marijuana only leads people to think that there is no penalty for using it. Finally, aside from a few public statements and some circle jerks with a few officials, I'm not sure I would say that baker is all over the case. He seems to take half assed approaches to everything that comes his way. In the case of the AWB interpretation, I wouldn't even say it was a quarter assed attempt. No one has died from a rifle in this state in years, yet the sale of most semi auto rifles was banned overnight, seriously impacting businesses throughout the commonwealth and walking all over the rights of hundreds of thousands just for starters. But a state trooper was killed by someone high on marijuana and they're questioning whether the decision to criminalize it was right in the first place? I really hope you don't think that baker is capable of making a hard stand on anything.

Pot and the second amendment are not "the same thing!"

Yes they both are a liberty issue... But beyond that it's apples and oranges. One is a natural right for self preservation, a foundational right that makes all other rights possible. It is also a check and balance against tyranny, a measure to preserve representative democracy. Smoking dope is simply a freedom to engage in an act... A recreational act that isn't essential to your exsistence nor does it serve a greater purpose for society. It is more akin to driving... Yes you have a right to travel about, but that right isn't foundational, and since it can come into conflict with other peoples property and safety, it is acceptable to be regulated by the state. Yes I think it is currently over regulated... But the position of pot in our current society isn't nearly as alarming or egregious as the position of the 2nd amendment... Pot is currently illegal... Buying a new AR-15 in a shop in MA is currently illegal... Get caught smoking just one joint and get caught buying or selling just one AR and see the difference. One gets you a slap on the wrist, the other makes you a felon.

I'm pro-freedom, but the folks making the point that they won't support the Pot legalization because they don't wanna give an inch to the libtards, make a compelling point. Our nation is very divided... Will advancing freedom via pot, ever help the cause of the 2nd amendment!? I dont think so. The folks here on Maine trying to legalize pot are huge liberal statists. Their campaign is called 'legalize pot like alcohol' and their biggest selling points are that they will create lots of tax revenue and train cops how to arrest people for driving while high, and their plan to highly regulate growth and distribution. They are not a pro freedom group. They are not looking to protect any "rights", they just want big brothers permission to get high without being hassled and they are willing to grow the government apparatus to gain that privilege.

Consider me 'outed' in this thread.

Back
Top Bottom