• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Got to the range before the Hurricane...

majspud

NES Life Member
NES Member
Went with a friend to their range yesterday morning, just before the hurricane hit Massachusetts. I brought my latest Mauser, the '38 BSW that my friend hadn't seen yet, and he used a scoped .22 Marlin.

His range uses wooden frames with cardboard box centers to attach your target to. When I went down range to the 100 yard berm, there was no shoe for the target. With nothing else to do, I went back to the 50 yard berm and put my target next to his.

Shooting a Mauser K98k at 50 yards is like shooting fish in a barrel. I put 30 rounds of 1956 Yugo down range without a problem; this was the same Yugo that my Gew98 had 14 duds out of 45[frown]. Go figure. The first two rounds were 7 o'clock low, and well, you see the rest. No challenge. Seated, no rest.

Picture015-3.jpg

After shooting this picture yesterday, I decided I needed to cut the grass, which I did today. Now I can take good pictures of my next shoot-off between my M1903 (1931) Springfield, and my S/42G.

PM

Back
Top Bottom