• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Got my LTCA in the mail today!

My birthday was on Thursday however the best gift of all came in my mailbox today. I just received my Class A License to Carry in my mailbox this morning.

Class A Large Capacity

Restrictions: NONE

Town: Milllbury

Process Time: filled out info March 27th at Millbury PD, they took my $100 printed me and said "You want that to be a LTCA All Lawful Purposes Right?"
My reply, "Yep!" May 2nd opened mailbox and got it.

I must say that everyone in the Millbury Police Dept. were top notch people to deal with. From the Dispatch officer Patty to the Chief of police they were great.

Only down side was the issue date of April 27th, three days before my birthday so it is only good for five years not six.

Time to check the WTS threads...........

I have had mine for two and a half weeks, and all I can say is cut up the credit cards now before you get in trouble.

BTW...Congrats

Congrats and happy birthday Tater. Now go green and get in on some group buys (and hang on to your wallet)!

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. I remember how I felt the first day I received my LTC. It was glorious.

Congrats, but be careful. Got mine Tuesday this week. Today I am $1349 poorer. But, happiness is priceless. I'm still smiling.

Only down side was the issue date of April 27th, three days before my birthday so it is only good for five years not six.

Time to check the WTS threads...........

Congrats!

My LTC is similar to yours; my first one's good only for 5 years, 37 days. I did some math during my class firearms safety class and determined that even my issue date was later this month, I'm not really being shortchanged in the long run...Here's why: projecting each LTC period is 6 years, I will be 71 when it comes time to renew and taking advantage of the over-70 discount. Had I waited until after my birthday this month to get nearly the full 6 years, I would then be 72 at renewal time.

Ok, so the fee may change some day, but I believe being licensed now was worth the cost...Just my 2¢ (no pun intended).

Mike

Congrats. Still waiting for mine. Applied on March 3rd. I Go to the mail every day like a 10 year old waiting for their Little Orphan Annie Secret Decoder Ring. I have almost lost my patience and definitely my mind...

is that statewide? I'll ask the lady that does the guns at my dept just out of curiosity

Any person over the age of 70 and any law enforcement officer applying for a license to carry firearms through his employing agency shall be exempt from the requirement of paying a renewal fee for a Class A or Class B license to carry.

http://www.mass.gov/legis/laws/mgl/140-131.htm

Congrats

My birthday was on Thursday however the best gift of all came in my mailbox today. I just received my Class A License to Carry in my mailbox this morning.

Class A Large Capacity

Restrictions: NONE

Town: Milllbury

Congrats, Tater! Now time for you to go shopping. I got mine this past Thursday, bought my first gun within 2 hours of picking up my license, and I am about $1,000 poorer.

Back
Top Bottom