Got my LTC interview scheduled

August 11 is D-Day for me. I strolled over to the Somerville PD yesterday and caught the receptionist at the licencing office and make the appointment.

I asked her what the turn around is for the license after the interview, she said she had been seeing them come back in 3 weeks. So, if all goes well, I will have a brand new shiny LTC (hopefully unrestricted) in about 6-7 weeks. Im not gonna hold my breath though.

Anyone had any recent experiences with the licencing officer in Somerville?

August 11 is D-Day for me. I strolled over to the Somerville PD yesterday and caught the receptionist at the licencing office and make the appointment.

I asked her what the turn around is for the license after the interview, she said she had been seeing them come back in 3 weeks. So, if all goes well, I will have a brand new shiny LTC (hopefully unrestricted) in about 6-7 weeks. Im not gonna hold my breath though.

Anyone had any recent experiences with the licencing officer in Somerville?

SteveO,

I had my interview back in Jan. in Somerville, and took exactly 5 weeks to get my LTC - restricted though. Good luck on the interview!

My last interview there was a few years ago and apparently some people have changed since then so I can't really tell you what to expect. I can say that there are a lot of unrestricted class As in Somerville. Hope you get one.

Wow.....our process is to call dispatcher to see if the Lic. Officer is on that night. If he is, then they'll call him into to station to get application done.

I feel for you guys in the cities...

Yup, I expect to get my LTC-A roughly 4-5 months after taking the class. Which seems entirely moronic. Wouldn't you want me to begin practicing with firearms while the information from the class is still fresh in my mind?

I expected when I called that it would be a 1-2 week wait time, when she said the first appointment was in early Sept, I was pretty shocked.

I feel so lucky, I never had an interview [smile]

Leading up to my application I simply sent in some emails and spoke back and forth with the licensing officer about questions I had and stated what I wanted and why. All I had to do was hand in the form. I was pretty shocked seeing as my father had to go in for an interview when he applied for his license. The only time I had to go to the PD was to drop off the form and later get fingerprinted.

LTC Class A unrestricted

Dan

Back
Top Bottom